Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Does Brand Portal metadata schema support custom namespaces?

Level 1

I have attempted to publish a custom metadata schema from AEM Assets to Brand Portal. The customized tab does not publish. This tab includes a number of tagging properties pointing to a custom registered namespace. The Assets search rail uses predicates pointing to the custom namespaces. Is there any way to replicate this in the Brand Portal metadata schema and search rail?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@agi21203 Brand portal has some limitation wrt custom predicates and custom tags. May be you should look into below link to get more info on its functioning. 

Use the metadata schema form | Adobe Experience Manager

Publish presets, schema, and facets to Brand Portal | Adobe Experience Manager

snippet about custom tags & predicate configuration from the link - 

nitinjl_0-1645814140534.png

nitinjl_1-1645814210548.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@agi21203 Brand portal has some limitation wrt custom predicates and custom tags. May be you should look into below link to get more info on its functioning. 

Use the metadata schema form | Adobe Experience Manager

Publish presets, schema, and facets to Brand Portal | Adobe Experience Manager

snippet about custom tags & predicate configuration from the link - 

nitinjl_0-1645814140534.png

nitinjl_1-1645814210548.png

Level 1

Here is an example of the current Assets search rail:

jcr:content/metadata/sz:brand

the registered namespace is

http://[client-name].com/sz/1.0 

My understanding is that standard tags can only be used in Brand Portal; would it be correct to say that to utilize the above in search, an asset would need to be tagged using standard path for Brand Portal and then use the above custom path within Assets. 

Community Advisor

Yes, considering the point#2,  AEM does not publish custom paths as part of the search form to BP , hence need to map it manually at Brand Portal level.