Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bulk approve or reject AEM inbox workflow notifications

Employee

Is there an OOTB Bulk approve or reject AEM inbox workflow notifications ? As of now I have to select every inbox workflow notification, click on it to complete/reject etc. As an approver, I get hundreds of review request , sometimes I just need to approve all/reject all.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My understanding was that you are dealing with notification related to AEM workflows.

If you are working with assets only and approve/reject process base on Tasks then this looks like a good/reasonable option (keeping in mind pros and cons you have described)

In other case if the approval process relay on AEM workflows then it will not help at all. If I good understand this options support Tasks only.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @digarg,

This is not possible OOTB. The main reason of this, is a fact that inbox is a unified view that can present different type of items and each item can be connected with different type of action.

You can try to customize inbox view on your own (or create custom console), but I think this will be quite complex. Alternatively you can raise an idea via community. You can also consider to write a groovy script that will find all workflows in specific state and run approve or reject action against them.

Employee

I was researching and came across this feature . - Asset review task . I think this can be a potential solution - I kind of like it, unless you think there is any challenge .Review task capability is a good OOTB option can work for an assets on folder/ asset collection but not each asset one by one. You will have to use it on a folder or move assets that need review in an asset collection.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/collaboration/review-task.ht...

Pros : You can easily see review status auto updated .

users clearly know which asset is approved or rejected.

Can come handy when approver has many requests to approve/reject in bulk.

Clear information available for audit purposes.

Cons : Not available on asset level , you have to make a collection and then use review. Managing collection is an overhead and needs to cleared timely either manually or via custom automated logic like deleted after 1 month.

You can select multiple assets FOR REVIEW status update but the interface is not very user-friendl though better than usual workflow.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My understanding was that you are dealing with notification related to AEM workflows.

If you are working with assets only and approve/reject process base on Tasks then this looks like a good/reasonable option (keeping in mind pros and cons you have described)

In other case if the approval process relay on AEM workflows then it will not help at all. If I good understand this options support Tasks only.