Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Brand Portal

Level 1

I have two questions related to brand portal.

1. Can we have a custom URL / domain for brand portal.. if yes then how we can make a custom URL for production. 

2. How we can extensively customize the brand portal via codebase.. for example we need to make a theme changes along with some CTA linkes / images / videos to show on landing page of brand portal.  The header on search page etc 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @NeeravAg,
i am sorry, but at least to my current knowledge - the answer to both of your questions ist "no".
At least the second question can be answered with a "no, BUT...."

Brand Portal is not very customizable - and you won't get to customize anything via the codebase.
Maybe this is something that gives you hope:
Have you heared about asset share commons.
https://opensource.adobe.com/asset-share-commons/

This seems to me like a better and more customizable Brand Portal all together.
We are currently in the process to figure out how to make the switch, since BP has a some flaws that can't be fixed and most likely won't be fixed from Adobe in the near future.

To name a few of our challenges with BP:
Digital Rights Management via xmpRights:Webstatement
Smart-Crops are not available in the BP
Assets disconnect between AEM and BP as soon as someone moves an asset.
Customisation is on that list as well.
And from what i understood - in Asset Share Commons, you can go into the codebase and make things happen! And it is free.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but maybe someone else knows how to do the trick.
Then i am also happy to hear about it

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @NeeravAg,
i am sorry, but at least to my current knowledge - the answer to both of your questions ist "no".
At least the second question can be answered with a "no, BUT...."

Brand Portal is not very customizable - and you won't get to customize anything via the codebase.
Maybe this is something that gives you hope:
Have you heared about asset share commons.
https://opensource.adobe.com/asset-share-commons/

This seems to me like a better and more customizable Brand Portal all together.
We are currently in the process to figure out how to make the switch, since BP has a some flaws that can't be fixed and most likely won't be fixed from Adobe in the near future.

To name a few of our challenges with BP:
Digital Rights Management via xmpRights:Webstatement
Smart-Crops are not available in the BP
Assets disconnect between AEM and BP as soon as someone moves an asset.
Customisation is on that list as well.
And from what i understood - in Asset Share Commons, you can go into the codebase and make things happen! And it is free.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but maybe someone else knows how to do the trick.
Then i am also happy to hear about it

Community Advisor

@NeeravAg in addition to my previous reply - i would like to add.
There are a few options regarding the visual look you can customize in the admin section of the brand portal. 
The header on the search page, is such an example.
BUT customisation via codebase is not possible to the best of my knowledge.