Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ASSET filename blacklist

Level 2

Hi again community, I've been managing assets for a client for some years and for the first time had a file blacklisted from the dam and wouldn't allow users to access it. It would show in the library as an asset, but the thumbnails were absent and when you clicked on it, AEM would return a block error.

I worked with my dev team and they determined that it was because a specific string/word was used in the filename. In this case it was `frames`. I asked them if they could provide a list of blacklisted strings/words/phrases and they said they didn't have one. I'm guessing it was an OOB best practice filename blacklist. Is there such a list in the AEM documentation that I'm missing? I did a search in the support section but couldn't find anything. I'm sure its there, but I probably used the wrong search terms to get the desired result.

Anyone have it handy, or know if one exists?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi 

I just uploaded an image with the name "frame.png" without any problems (1). This implies that if the asset's name is indeed conflicting with AEM functionality, it must be due to some unusual customization on top of it.

That being said, the assets have two "names": the title and the name. The title can have any character in it, and it is the name that is displayed on the screen. However, the name will follow the JCR rules for nodes, which are not too restrictive. It doesn't allow certain special characters but not any specific "string" in the name. Therefore, my advice would be to reconsider why the image is causing such unusual behavior.

(1).

EstebanBustamante_0-1698155388766.png

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@culver-king Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

It is helpful knowing that there isn't an OOB restriction on name/string other than standard exceptions for special characters in their testing. However, I was still looking for any documentation that indicated as much. I wanted to use it to discuss with my development team about the current blacklist they have implemented.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor