Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Assets Essentials (Experience Manager Assets) vs Experience Manager - Custom UI Handling

Community Advisor

Hi AEM Community,

We have developed custom buttons and links in the standard AEM Assets Console for the assets which our business team should use for their day to day operations.
However, they are navigating to the Assets Essentials console which has a personalized workspace with some add-ons such as Quick Access (Pinned Items), Tasks etc. which is much more intuitive for the users.

Rohan_Garg_0-1701157590426.png

However, this view does not give the custom menu options we add when overlaying the menu options from /libs to /apps

Assets View - 

Rohan_Garg_1-1701158247207.png

AEM View - 

Rohan_Garg_2-1701158339650.png

How does one display the custom options developed in AEM for the Assets view?

@Saravanan_Dharmaraj@diksha_mishra@ClintLundmark@krati_garg@EstebanBustamante
@aanchal-sikka@arunpatidar@ParthaSarathy@markus_bulla_adobe

Best Regards,

Rohan Garg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am sorry to say that i have no idea.
But please let me know when you found the way - we also use some custom options. 
Getting them over to this view will be a priority one day - until then, everyone is still using the regular asset view.

The only thing that was an interesting point to tip over my users was the "Rename" function,
but since this renames filename and dc:title at the same time, it became a bit unpractical again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am sorry to say that i have no idea.
But please let me know when you found the way - we also use some custom options. 
Getting them over to this view will be a priority one day - until then, everyone is still using the regular asset view.

The only thing that was an interesting point to tip over my users was the "Rename" function,
but since this renames filename and dc:title at the same time, it became a bit unpractical again.

Community Advisor

Thanks for the reply @Adilos-Cantuerk, I will keep you posted about the update on this question

Community Advisor

Hi @Rohan_Garg 
I think,you have to extend this using App Builder

https://developer.adobe.com/uix/docs/services/aem-cf-console-admin/api/action-bar/ 

I am not sure if this is supported/work with Assets.

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@Rohan_Garg Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni