Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Assets Cloud service implementation

Level 1

Hi,

We've couple of questions for moving from AEM6.5 to AEMaaCS Assets program. could someone please clarify?

- In 6.5 we have some workflows on assets creation/modification etc. where there are some custom functionalities. We need to move to cloud and retain the same functionality. As I understand we don't have workflow triggers on assets and it is managed via microservices. Is there any alternative for those workflow triggers on Assets?

- How is assets share commons implemented on cloud service when we don't have AEM sites? Do we get a publish tier for AEM Assets also?

Thanks,

Prajwal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @prajwalreddi Please find the responses below

1. If we want to implement simple enterprise DAM using AEM Assets on cloud with Asset share commons as website for assets is not a possibility at all?

--- Enterprise DAM with AEM Author as interface is achievable via Asset Only Set up. However, you will need Sites Program to implement Asset Share Commons. I believe there is no Publish Service available in Assets Only program

2.  For the AEM Assets program(Without Sites license) do we have authoring experience similar to Sites where author gets into the instance and manages the assets or it has to be done via 'Adobe Experience Manager Assets' option on experience.adobe.com?

----- There are two ways to access your AEM Assets Program:

a. Experience Manager > Cloud Manager > Asset Program > Author instance : This will give you the conventional UI and Sites kind of Author experience

b. Experience Manager Assets > Repo Select : This will give you Assets UI experience that is different from the convention Author UI

3. If we've sites license and Assets license, Are we expected to use authoring experience of the sites program to controls the Assets in enterprise DAM. Reason I'm asking this is because i don't find additional program in the cloud manager specific for the assets. If Yes, Then we're going to loose the DAM that comes with sites instances right?

---This is an account question. Ideally, you would need to activate your Assets credits in the same program with Sites. Please raise a Support Ticket.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Prajwalreddii 

Please consider Post Processing Workflows on AEMaaCS. This document shall I answer most of your queries:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/asset...

Though we do have Publisher on AEM Assets as a Cloud Service, but we can't really host a Site on an Assets only Program. In such case, your Assets only Program can serve as enterprise DAM and act as a source to serve another AEM Sites Program where ACS Commons is implemented

Level 1

Thanks @krati_garg . Couple of follow up questions

1. If we want to implement simple enterprise DAM using AEM Assets on cloud with Asset share commons as website for assets is not a possibility at all?

2.  For the AEM Assets program(Without Sites license) do we have authoring experience similar to Sites where author gets into the instance and manages the assets or it has to be done via 'Adobe Experience Manager Assets' option on experience.adobe.com?

3. If we've sites license and Assets license, Are we expected to use authoring experience of the sites program to controls the Assets in enterprise DAM. Reason I'm asking this is because i don't find additional program in the cloud manager specific for the assets. If Yes, Then we're going to loose the DAM that comes with sites instances right?

Thanks,

Prajwal

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @prajwalreddi Please find the responses below

--- Enterprise DAM with AEM Author as interface is achievable via Asset Only Set up. However, you will need Sites Program to implement Asset Share Commons. I believe there is no Publish Service available in Assets Only program

----- There are two ways to access your AEM Assets Program:

a. Experience Manager > Cloud Manager > Asset Program > Author instance : This will give you the conventional UI and Sites kind of Author experience

b. Experience Manager Assets > Repo Select : This will give you Assets UI experience that is different from the convention Author UI

---This is an account question. Ideally, you would need to activate your Assets credits in the same program with Sites. Please raise a Support Ticket.

Administrator

@Prajwalreddii Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks @kautuk_sahni for checking. I'm still looking for a response on my follow-up questions.

Thanks,

Prajwal