Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Assets | Change asset name in Scene7

Level 2

Hi,

I wish to change the asset name while sending it to Scene7. For example, if I upload an asset in AEM author instance (/content/dam/project1/collection/summer.jpg)

By default, this asset will be synchronized with Scene7/DM with the same name. However, I want an asset to be pushed to Scene7 by a different name (in this case GUID).

Can you please suggest any options?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Abie, AFAIK this seems to be a candidate for a feature request - Encoded file name for DM upload to support different names on AEM and DM for the same asset.

However, you might be able to support your use case to have unpredictable S7 URLs. You may have customize the file upload process/workflow to rename the filename to be created on AEM.
Example. For Asset - /content/dam/project1/collection/summer.jpg, you may use an encoded value for summer.jpg on AEM, so that when it gets synced with DM you will get an encoded S7 file name. In this way, you will be able to generate public non-predictable 
URLs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@Abie What exactly is your business requirement?

The AEM-DM integration works on the principle of asset sync for dynamically rendering them using DM capabilities on the fly.

Is it possible to keep required names in AEM and sync them in DM? Can you please share more details on the use case so that I can suggest next steps accordingly.

Level 2

Hi @diksha_mishra 

Two requirements

1. To have un-predictable S7 URLs. 

2. We are migrating from a different system, which had different file names in DAM vs S7 URLs. We try to have a similar functionality. But this was also done in the past to prevent predictable URLs.

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi @vikasbharti that is not an option because we are talking about 6M assets. We can have only single ruleset.xml file, therefore, is not scalable.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Abie, AFAIK this seems to be a candidate for a feature request - Encoded file name for DM upload to support different names on AEM and DM for the same asset.

However, you might be able to support your use case to have unpredictable S7 URLs. You may have customize the file upload process/workflow to rename the filename to be created on AEM.
Example. For Asset - /content/dam/project1/collection/summer.jpg, you may use an encoded value for summer.jpg on AEM, so that when it gets synced with DM you will get an encoded S7 file name. In this way, you will be able to generate public non-predictable 
URLs.

Level 2

Hi @shubhanshu_singh 

Thanks for your input. I am glad we are on the same page