Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Add watermark image as tiled image to an asset

Level 3

We are using OOTB Processing Profile for watermarking of AEM Assets, however some of the assets are large and hence the watermark image is not covering the entire width and height.

The issue would be resolved if I can add the watermark png position as tiled on the image.

How can we Add watermark image as tiled image to another asset?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Right , in that case writing a custom worker app (link shared above) seems to be the only solution in cloud.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@sachindey1231 Have you tried using a Workflow step to add watermark, as mentioned here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/administer/watermarking.html?la... 

Since, it is text based, the position can be adjusted. Please try and let me know. 

Level 3

Thanks for your response. I have tried the workflow option however it does not work with Image based water marking! Also even with the text based option there is no way to put the text as a tile. I am looking for something like the below image where in the watermark is a png  not a text.

sachindey1231_0-1676533633467.png

Employee

Hi @sachindey1231 I think OOTB what you are doing is the only way except you may try to see if you get a better-sized watermark image.

If this doesn't work , only option would be to write a custom worker app  as described here https://developer.adobe.com/app-builder/docs/resources/custom-asset-compute-worker/lesson3/

Level 3

Resizing will not help as the Preprocess Profile resizes both the original image and the watermark before applying the watermark to the original image.
So technically if someone uploads an image which is bigger than the watermark then the usecase will not suffice and we cannot lay conditions on the size of the images being uploaded.

Correct answer by
Employee

Right , in that case writing a custom worker app (link shared above) seems to be the only solution in cloud.