Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Transactional event fields limit

Level 3

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an upper limit to the number of fields that can be created within a transactional event.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @giuliap42357798 

Although there is no limit in theory, remember that the bigger payload is, the larger bandwidth you would need...

We've seen order confirmation containing 150 to 200 fields with payload at 16Kb of size, these are the biggest I've seen and ACC seems OK with it although in both occasions, I don't think it reaches the 50,000 API calls per hour as per the Transactional Messages API limit.

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @giuliap42357798 

Although there is no limit in theory, remember that the bigger payload is, the larger bandwidth you would need...

We've seen order confirmation containing 150 to 200 fields with payload at 16Kb of size, these are the biggest I've seen and ACC seems OK with it although in both occasions, I don't think it reaches the 50,000 API calls per hour as per the Transactional Messages API limit.

Thanks

Denis

Employee Advisor

Hi @giuliap42357798 

It should be pretty similar as the underlying mechanism is the same than Campaign Classic.

What are the messages that you've got and how many fields have you got?

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet we're going to define them, but it may be around 200 fields
Do you see limits or points of attention?
Thanks

Employee Advisor

Hi @giuliap42357798 

that's a nice template that you've got here for sure. I think you should be fine. It all starts by defining the transactional event and the context fields there...

Point of attention are the usual suspect

• Do not pass full URL as part of the context, but relative URL
  • Do not pass raw HTML as part of the context
  • With this level of fields, I suspect you would have a list of objects. Although you can define multiple lists, you can't have a list within a list. Also think to maybe display only 1st 10 records of a list, you maybe won't want to show a list of 100 elements to avoid tiring the reader
  • Are your deliveries multi-lingual?

Out of interest, what type of transactional emails will it be?

Thanks
Denis