Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Schedule a file upload from the local machine to run in the background

Level 2

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a technical workflow I can set up to upload a file from my local machine into the Adobe server. I am currently building technical workflows to automate a data loading process in the background to update my recipients list, and to automate data loading to update my non-deliverables list. But each time I want to run these workflows I have to open the data loading pocess and click the "upload on to server" button to make it work. I want to schedule an upload of this local file, then redirect that data loading workflow to grab something from the server (rather than the local machine) so I can have this scheduled process work in the background automatically.

please let me know

thanks so much in advance for everyones help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi alb52547777,

Automatic upload from local machine is not possible.

You should make use of sFTP. From local machine you can have a Cron job or Windows scheduled job (depending upon your OS) to upload the file to sFTP.

On the workflow side you can add a schedule which makes the workflow run every 15 minutes and check for that file on sFTP only to download and process it.

If your instance is hosted by Adobe, you can make use of Adobe provided sFTP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi alb52547777,

Automatic upload from local machine is not possible.

You should make use of sFTP. From local machine you can have a Cron job or Windows scheduled job (depending upon your OS) to upload the file to sFTP.

On the workflow side you can add a schedule which makes the workflow run every 15 minutes and check for that file on sFTP only to download and process it.

If your instance is hosted by Adobe, you can make use of Adobe provided sFTP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 2

Vipul,

thank you so much for your help so far. How can I check if my instance is hosted by Adobe and how can I make use of the Adobe provided sFTP?

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Hi alb52547777,

Please have a look at the connection URL of your Campaign instance.

If it ends in neolane.net or campaign.adobe.com that it is hosted by us.

Anything else is on-prem.

You will be able to make use of Adobe provided sFTP only if you have a marketing instance hosted on our side. You can connect with Adobe Support to get the access created for you.

Regards,
Vipul