Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Save existing campaign/delivery as template

Level 2

I have several elements - campaigns, workflows, deliveries - that I used for specific situations and I would now like to save them as templates. Is there any direction option or a workaround in ACS to do that, or do I have to create new elements from scratch under Templates?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

In the UI there is no option to convert an existing element into a template.

You can create a new one and try to copy & paste properties or contents.

It might be possible to do it via an export / import but I never did that.

(e.g. create a template and export template + your existing elements, then compare the XML and see if something can be done)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi AndMi,

Option 1

Yes we can create the workflows, campaigns, delivery  and other templates and can be resused.

Please go to Navigation -> Resources -> Templates

There you can see Workflow,Campaign, delivery  and other template options.

Note: Please don't change the out-of-the-box  templates please duplicate the desired template and apply your changes 

Option 2

You can duplicate the entire campaign/program all your elements added under the main folder will get duplicated (other than delivery activity)

Regards,

Nikhil Kalladithodi

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

In the UI there is no option to convert an existing element into a template.

You can create a new one and try to copy & paste properties or contents.

It might be possible to do it via an export / import but I never did that.

(e.g. create a template and export template + your existing elements, then compare the XML and see if something can be done)

Level 2

Hi Ramon, Nikhil,

Just realized I never replied to you on this one - sorry for that, and Many thanks!

It's been very useful to know that in the UI there was no option to convert an existing element into a template - with that in mind, I switched to option #2 - creating new templates and start adding content/properties from the existing elements.

Best,

Andreea