Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Push notification based on weather

Level 5

We have a case to activate different workflows based on weather. It doesn't have to be real-time, for instance, create a rule that if the next day's weather forecast is for the temperature to drop below 15c (60F), activate the push workflow X for all the segments based there. Or if the forecast is for the temperature to be above 90F tomorrow/next few days, active workflow from segment Y.

I found this documentation here about using external API in workflows, would this work for the case above? How can the trigger (weather rule) be created?
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard-learn/tutorials/managing-processes-and-dat...

We are using ACS!
Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@fern1, Yes. you can use external API for the use case mentioned. My approach would be to pull the audience along with the zip code and date to include it in the request payload of external API and check the temperature from the response if it's 15c send the push. Another approach would be based on sending a trigger to a workflow using API. Take a look at this documentation

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@fern1, Yes. you can use external API for the use case mentioned. My approach would be to pull the audience along with the zip code and date to include it in the request payload of external API and check the temperature from the response if it's 15c send the push. Another approach would be based on sending a trigger to a workflow using API. Take a look at this documentation

Thanks, Sathees

Level 5

thank you for the answer!!

would datastream also work?
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/datastreams/data-enrichment/weather.html...

This documentation shows cases of use but is more target-related, would something like that also work for ACS?

Community Advisor

@fern1, This approach won't work with ACS. Datastreams required AEP web/mobile SDK to implement this approach and again you won't be able to directly integrate with ACS. Depending on other experience cloud solutions (Ex. AEP, Adobe Analytics, etc.) that you have need to evaluate how we can do this in the best possible way.

Thanks, Sathees