Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

I want to see the exact delivery that a recipient has received.

Level 3

Hi there,

This is quite an urgent query...

Adobe Campaign Version 6.1.1

As part of an audit, we have been asked if we can produce the email content that a recipient has received post send. This is to cross check that the email is carrying the right personal data for that customer.

Is there anyway of seeing exactly what email creative a customer received in adobe campaign post send with the personalisation included?

We have also had no luck in previewing the email with the customers data before the send, to cross check then. (Data in the recipient table works fine) - As we have to enrich with data from linked tables, this data doesn't show within the email creative on the preview tab, it only appears when the workflow is run and the content is sent. This is not an ideal scenario as we have to gamble that the target data populates correctly.

Does anyone know a work around to this issue so that cross checks can be made before the send too?

Thanks,

Andy

14 Replies

Employee

Hi Andy,

You can display the mirror page after sending through the delivery logs tab. For more information, refer to Email channel.

Does it fit with your needs?

Alice

Level 3

Thanks very much! I need to change the setting for the mirror page generation in all our emails on the validity tab. i'm sure it will then appear.

Is there anyway we can preview ?

Andy

Level 4

Hi Andy,

there is Preview tab inside delivery window. You can choose recipients there and see their messages. This feature should work also after email blast. Check bottom of this page: https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/DLV_Personalizing_deliveries_Personalization_fields.htm...

Regards,

Marcin

Level 10

Hi Andy and Marcin,

Please take care, the mirror pages resources are only available for a "short" period of time, defined both in the instance options and by delivery properties for overriding the instance option.

So, if the preview is not made after the delivery sending, you would not see the mirror page content.

If the request is made by legal department, most of times it could be asked much later when resources are no longer available.

I should recommend to use the Email Archiving BCC option to keep all messages sent in a server folder (MTA server or elsewhere).

See documentation for that, but this functionality appeared in March 2017 so check your build version and read Release notes below.

Email archiving BCC method, build 8795, March 2017:

Adobe Campaign Release Notes

Regards
J-Serge

Employee

Hi Andy,

Yes , I completely agree with Jean-Serge on this. You should look into activating the Bcc mechanism . This would send you a copy of each email a recipient receives.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Community Advisor

Hello,

what about sending proofs or seeds if you just want to know if personalization is working?

Marcel

Level 1

Hello Marcel,

Yes, you can try this option also by sending proofs or seeds to a bunch of recipients to check for personalization in email deliveries.

Regards,

Divy

Level 2

Hi All ,

As per my opinion you can go to Delivery section , select the user and click on mirror page - you will be able to see the exact email that is sent .

Regards,

Vipin Mittal

Level 3

Hi,

Is there a way to have bcc (exact copy) in Adobe Campaign Standard?

Thanks,

Gyorgy

Employee

Hello Gyorgy,

Yes there is , Please follow the guide here : Email configuration

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 3

Hi,

Could you please confirm where the BCC address can be set?

Thanks,

Gyorgy

Level 3

I do not see any field to configure BCC e-mail address. Is it possible to set for each delivery template or should be configured on brand level? Is this configuration field available only if E-mail BCC option purchased while "Make archive" option is visible without any additional licensing?

THanks,

Gyorgy

Employee

Hello Gyorgy,

Please find the answers to both your questions

The Bcc Email address can be setup in the same way as in V6 , i.e- in the configuration file mentioning the Bcc address.

In the config-instance.xml file, use the following parameters to transfer the stored files to an SMTP email server:

<archiving smtpBccAddress="" smtpEnableTLS="false" smtpRelayAddress="" smtpRelayPort="" />

Email BCC is activated in the email template, through a dedicated option:

1. Go to Resources > Templates > Delivery templates.
  2. Duplicate the out-of-the-box Send via email template.
  3. Select the duplicated template.
  4. Click the Edit properties button to edit the template's properties.
  5. Expand the Send section.
  6. Check the Archive emails box to keep a copy of all sent messages for each delivery based on this template.email_archiving.png

Note

When creating a new delivery template, Email BCC is not enabled by default, even if the option has been purchased. You must enable it manually in each delivery template where you want to use it.

Level 3

Hi Adhiyan,

So, in ACS I have added all the parameters you listed as instance Option smtpBccAddress (label and id the same) In delivery template checked in the "Archive emails" option.

It still does  not work, still see the exclusion log: Address not specified (AddressUndefined)

- Do I understand correctly that an SMTP server should be configured too (so it is not going to work with ACS built-in one)?

- Does this BCC feature need additional licensing? Is this feature licensed if "Archive emails" option is shown?

Thanks,

Gyorgy