Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to use additional data from workflow to personalize email delivery?

Level 3

Hi community,

I´like to know how can i use additional data in a profile from an workflow to add it to the email delivery.

For example i have a load file activity where i upload a file with the following structure:

email;productName_1;productName_2;productName_3

Later i reconciliate with the profile dimention using the field email as key to match. Finally i want to send a delivery to those reconciliated profiles and in the email content show the content of productName_1, productName_2 and productName_3.

I really appreciate if you point me out how to do it. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks for the hint. I was able to do it adding the enrichment and connecting to the email activity. Then when configuring the recurring email i was able to see under context the additional data(targetData) and use that info in email designer. 

Again thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @olsalas711,

If i understand correctly each email will have all of the fields mentioned productName_1, 2 and 3 are associated you will be able to use this syntax in the email delivery like below,

<%= context.targetData.productName_1 %>

or 

<%= context.profile.productName_1 %>

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Hi @SatheeskannaK ,

How can i use that syntax inside the email designer in Adobe Campaign Standard?

Community Advisor

Hi @olsalas711,

You can use the syntax given either directly in the email designer or create content block with the given code to use within email designer.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 6

You need to add an enrichment activity to your workflow to include the additional info.  Do it after the reconciliation.  There will be 2 into the enrichment activity.  Reconciliation activity and the Load activity.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks for the hint. I was able to do it adding the enrichment and connecting to the email activity. Then when configuring the recurring email i was able to see under context the additional data(targetData) and use that info in email designer. 

Again thanks for your help.