Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to configure several retries in transfer activity in ACS

Level 3

Hi,

I have to configure transfer file activity for "Test to see if file exists" in SFTP server with configure several retries.

• if file doesn't exist, wait  for 15 min and re-run 5 times

• After 5 times, if file doesn't exist, end the workflow.

• In between if file is uploaded in sftp and it is available, we should not end the workflow and load activity 

To achieve this, i have configured "configure several retries"option. But if file doesn't exist, workflow is finished at first try itself and it is not retried  for 5 times with 15 mins interval. Kindly let me know how we can achieve this.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 1.34.57 PM.png

thanks in advance,

Divya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @divyas70997717 ,

As per your screenshot, there is no problem with your configuration in advanced options, it is correct.

Please check your other configurations and Try restarting the workflow and check once again. You can see the different retries appear in the workflow execution log.

Regards,

ParthaSarathy

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @divyas70997717 ,

As per your screenshot, there is no problem with your configuration in advanced options, it is correct.

Please check your other configurations and Try restarting the workflow and check once again. You can see the different retries appear in the workflow execution log.

Regards,

ParthaSarathy

Level 3

Hi ParthaSarathy,

Thank you for your response. In execution logs, it says workflow is finished in first attempt itself. the transfer activity did not wait for more retries as configured.

Thanks,

Divya

Level 3

Hi ParthaSarathy,

It is working now. Actually this condition is working for "File download" action. Earlier i have selected "Test if file exists" activity and "configure several retries" option is not working for "Test if file exists" option.

But for file download action, i get only one transition.

As per the requirement, if file is not found after 5 retries, we have to trigger an email to admin group. If it is found between the retries, the load activity should be processed. since only one transition is created for "file download" action, i could not achieve this. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Divya

Administrator
Hi @ParthaSarathy, Can you help @divyas70997717 further with the query? Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Community Advisor

Hi @divyas70997717,

In Advanced options, we can select an option 'Enable an output transition' if no files are found. And you can use this transition to alert your admin group.

transfer file.PNG

Regards,

ParthaSarathy S

Administrator

Hi @divyas70997717,

Were you able to resolve this query with the given solution? Kindly let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa