Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

How to check count of records in Adobe campaign Standard

Level 2

Hi,

Currently we are sending exported data file from ACS to SFTP in a flat file where if the records are zero it was creating file with empty data which creating an issue.

In V6 we can use vars.recCount which provides the count to do it where its not working in ACS.

Can some one provide some work around on how to check the records count in Adobe campaign Standard of previous activity so that we can stop creating file itself in ACS.

Thanks,

Sivaramakumar P

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sivaramakumar,

There is no explicit setting to prevent an Export activity from exporting an empty file.

We have raised a request with Engineering for this and as soon as I hear back from them I'll revert back here.

At the moment, the only workaround I can think of is, you should use an Incremental query activity. With this activity, if you run it with the scheduler and on the next day there is no new record it will not pass the execution to export activity.

If your plan is to export the same data every day then this might not be the right approach but I believe using Incremental query should help you as you will always have a query to fetch records based on a condition. Be aware if the data pulled by this query activity was also reported on any of the previous executions, it will exclude the data implicitly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

You can manage the empty file in your transfer activity under advanced options.

image2018-4-13_11-35-15.png

Level 2

Hi David,

We use  version Adobe Campaign v18.4 build 10462. I was not able to see any option under Transfer activity if file is zero kb.

Your attached image from last comment is not able to open. Can you tell me bit more on it where i need to configure to exclude if file size is 0.

Here for us Extraction activity creating file even though there is no records in that loop.so transfer activity sending that file to destination folder.

Advance thank for your help.

Thank,

Sivaramakumar P

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sivaramakumar,

There is no explicit setting to prevent an Export activity from exporting an empty file.

We have raised a request with Engineering for this and as soon as I hear back from them I'll revert back here.

At the moment, the only workaround I can think of is, you should use an Incremental query activity. With this activity, if you run it with the scheduler and on the next day there is no new record it will not pass the execution to export activity.

If your plan is to export the same data every day then this might not be the right approach but I believe using Incremental query should help you as you will always have a query to fetch records based on a condition. Be aware if the data pulled by this query activity was also reported on any of the previous executions, it will exclude the data implicitly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi,

We could get the count of records in ACS.

We could use vars.recCount in Segmentation activity - Advanced view