Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Get primary key of Recipient in Adobe Standard workflow - Query Activity

Level 4

How to get primary of Recipient key passed to the next transition in Query Activity in ACS?

8 Replies

Level 4

How to get primary key of Recipient passed to the next transition in Query Activity in ACS?

Employee Advisor

Hi santhoshsrg,

The PK value is automatically moved forward in the transition but if you will try to view it, it will appear as encrypted. It has been done to enhance security.

What is the exact use case?

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

I want to query a custom resource cusRes in query activity. The custom resource is linked to profile(recipient).

I want to pass the exact(Without encryption) "profile primary key"(cusRes/profile/id) to the next activity through the "ADDITIONAL DATA" section in Query activity. Is this possible?

Employee Advisor

Hi santhoshsrg,

Any reason why you wish to pass the ID of profile (linked to your cusResource?

If you fetch an attribute of profile schema inside the next activity, system is intelligent enough to make use of ID value to create an inner join.

Sorry of this is a redundant question but I'm trying to assist on your business use case.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

I want to store the Profile Id field in a file or database table

Employee Advisor

Hi santhoshsrg,

Better to make use of customerID from CRM (if there is one). It will be a more relatable value which can be used across solutions.

Campaign PK value is not the right field to lookout for.

Regards,
Vipul

Level 4

Hi Vipul,

I have another case where i want to remove duplicate recipient records using Primary key in Deduplication activity. Kindly provide your feedback if this is feasible or not in Adobe campaign standard?

Level 5

You will never have duplicate profiles based on primary key because primary key is always unique. I think you might have to deduplicate based on other field like email address.

Thanks!