Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

GDPR - Adobe Campaign compliance and tools

Level 10

Dear all,

Please, may you share your concerns about Adobe Campaign compliance to GDPR law?

European Union law that will apply on May 2018 and have impacts on all software editors and customers, all around the world actually (penalty up to 4% of companies worldwide turnover):
http://www.eugdpr.org/

I would like to know, for both Adobe editor and its Adobe Campaign customers, how are managed the GDPR fulfillment project, either for AC functionalities required or existing ones that must evolve, or for customers, how to adapt specific AC implementation done, tools developed, actions engaged to abide by the GDPR rules.

Regarding Adobe Campaign, the only thing I noticed for the past months was the sysfilter system to protect PII information:

https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/AC6.1/en/CFG_Editing_schemas_Restricting_PII_view.html

It is not enough for full compliance, to my mind.

Of course, the underlying databases management system (Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, mySql, etc) bring their own tools for securing privacy data management.
But I consider that it is not enough as well.

Please, any concrete experiences are needed for all of us, and very useful to share in our Adobe Campaign community.

Regards

Jean-Serge

23 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jean-Serge,

As I mentioned in another post, we have internal discussions going on and this is indeed a big topic that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Our teams are working on it and I hope to be able to share some concrete information specifically about Campaign very soon.

Community members, don't hesitate to share your thoughts in this thread, your feedback is important!

Thanks,

Florent

(Edit: I'm turning this thread into a 'discussion' rather than a question)

Level 1

I'm sharing Jean-Serge's concern; I have not seen much information on GDPR, and it's coming awfully close. Fines are 4% of global turnover or 20million euro's, whichever is higher (+ compensation for violations to victims); I really think we need to make GDPR compliance a major focus for the next few quarters.

I have contacted the Adobe Campaign documentation team to ask them if there is any information they can share with us; will share here when I hear back from them.

Also, one external source I really like is the ICO's "GDPR Readiness Checklist"; Getting ready for the GDPR | ICO

One question from myself, as I'm new on this forum: are we able to create "sticky" posts? I think GDPR would be a good candidate for sticky post topic; a place where we could collect information & documentation and be guided into the various niche topics that Adobe Campaign's GDPR compliancy generates.

Level 10

Hello,

Quick update on the GDPR topic, Adobe will be releasing some information "soon" (should be early November) for what we intend to do for each Experience Cloud solution to help with GDPR compliance.

I'll make sure to share it as soon as it's available.

Florent

Employee

Hi Florent,

Do we have any Adobe point of view and preparedness document on GDPR which can be shared with customers?

Please guide.

Regards,

Anupam

Level 1

Hello Florent,

We look forward to your return.

Regards,

Magloire FABO

Level 1

Hi, Could you share what Adobe intend to do for Adobe Campaign (Neolane) solution to help with GDPR compliance&

Level 10

Hi Community,

Adobe has released an official page dedicated to GDPR on its Website:

General data protection regulation, GDPR | Adobe Experience Cloud

As for now it is only available when you select "United States" in the region preferences at the bottom of the page.

This is a general page that does not covers each solution specifically. In December or January, more information should be shared for each solution, including Campaign. I will let you know when it is available.

Thank you for your patience as I know this is a hot topic for many of you.

Florent

Level 10

Hi Andrey,

There will be communications made very shortly to details plans specifically for each solutions (Campaign Classic, Standard, etc.). I will update when documents/articles are ready to be shared.

Florent

Level 1

Hi, Any support / built in tools for Business Catalyst users - preferably without partner widget fees - This really should be an integral part of the system. Feed back would be much appreciated.

Level 10

Hi Community,

A new page has been published on our Website which is more specific to Campaign and GDPR. It does not cover in details the changes made to the products but still give an overview of what you can expect.

General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Adobe Campaign | Adobe Experience Manager

Thanks,

Florent

Level 10

Hi Florent,

The page displays one second then redirects to Adobe France home page.

BR
JS

Level 10

Try changing the regional settings to United States at the very bottom of the page. I'm not sure why it is not available for all regions.

Florent

Level 10

Ok it works with US region settings.

Unfortunately, the page only gives global advices, already well known of course.

But nothing about the Adobe Campaign product itself.

Does it mean that the only thing to manage PII privacy is the sysfilter provided by Adobe in 2017, and unfortunalty not doing all the requirements of GDPR regulation?

Many thanks to raise to R&D team such concerns.

Best Regards
J-Serge

Employee

Hi all,

Some more information about upcoming changes in support of GDPR:

Campaign is planning to release some new privacy tools to help data controllers facilitate the handling of Access and Delete requests. This will be possible via a new API for receiving the requests or via a new interface for entering/managing requests, and they will be processed automatically. The functionality will be similar for both Adobe Campaign Classic and Adobe Campaign Standard.

Additional details via product documentation are scheduled to be available early next week.

Matt

Level 3

@Matt

Do you have any documents/references now available for these tools? I heard that there was going to be a new patch coming for Classic?

Employee

Here is the documentation for Adobe Campaign Standard: General Data Protection Regulation

Similar documentation will be available for Adobe Campaign Classic will be available very shortly.

Level 3

Hi ,

try to open in Incognito mode , It will work .

Thanks!!

Level 1

Hi Florent - Are we going to have access to control the individual cookies as required by GDPR ?- Other sources are pushing products and our customers are asking what we are doing to help them in their compliance - Please can Adobe outline exactly what will change in the Business Catalyst system to assist us - the timelines are now getting pretty tight.