Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Execute a Javascript in client variable

Level 1

Hello,

I wonder if the following steps are possible to do in adobe campaing and how could I do it.

Step 1: Select a set of clients based on criteria
Step 2: On each of those clients, execute a javascript, which will return a different result for each client (this JS will do a call to the API and get a code).
Step 3: Insert the data of each client, including the data obtained in step 2 (the code), in the email template and send it.

I really appreciate if someone helps me with this doubt.

Thanks,

Sara

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you consider Campaign Standard (as you posted in ACS forum) then No, it won't work in that way.

You could do a single call to a web service including al relevant profile information needed. The web service then needs to return e.g. 1 row per profile which can be joined back.

Potentially an in-between script (Adobe I/O, Amazon Lambda, ..) may be needed.

If using Campaign Classic, yes you could loop in a JS activity, do a web service call and update the work table via a Sql call

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you consider Campaign Standard (as you posted in ACS forum) then No, it won't work in that way.

You could do a single call to a web service including al relevant profile information needed. The web service then needs to return e.g. 1 row per profile which can be joined back.

Potentially an in-between script (Adobe I/O, Amazon Lambda, ..) may be needed.

If using Campaign Classic, yes you could loop in a JS activity, do a web service call and update the work table via a Sql call