Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Error Message - ACS Publishing a Data Schema with Custom Resources

Level 4

Hello,

This is my 1st time working in the ACS tool where I need to extend data fields on the recipients data schema.

One of the fields is a Boolean value.

image.png

However - when I got to publish the schema I get this error message.

image.png

What is this error? Is this just a warning letting me know the value is NULL since I haven't updated the field with actual data? Should I ignore this error and continue to publish?

I can't find any documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ramon,

So here's what I did to get it to work, I added a '_' in the name (affiliate_flag). Once I did that, the schema published and I was able to run my WF where I'm updating the fields with data from the spreadsheet.

It's so odd, because that field did not exist on the recipients table, but yet I kept getting this error.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

unfortunately your images are not shown.

Can you repost them as it's just Google Mail links

Employee Advisor

Yes, that works.

Looking st the log, it rather looks like you have the field already but are planning to change the field definition?

As boolean implies NOT NULL, all data needs to contain a value.

If you have integers for now, you could try doing a small uodate workflow setting all existing records without a value to e.g. 0.

Then deployment should work

Level 4

Ramon,

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. Add this custom resource to my Profiles table. Set it as the default value.

Then in WF - load some client data from a *csv - and then perform an 'Update Data' where I will set this value to '1' for only the 200 records I will be 'inserting' to my Profiles table.

Level 4

Ramon,

This is the error I get when trying to publish. Should I just continue to publish and then run a WF and update the field?

AC2.PNG

Employee Advisor

hm, the error looks weird.

It wants to add the column even though it already exists.

Are you already having data within this column?

If not, can you try removing it and then re-publishing the schema?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ramon,

So here's what I did to get it to work, I added a '_' in the name (affiliate_flag). Once I did that, the schema published and I was able to run my WF where I'm updating the fields with data from the spreadsheet.

It's so odd, because that field did not exist on the recipients table, but yet I kept getting this error.

Thanks for your help.