Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Engagement Split in ACS workflow

Level 2

Hi there

I'm trying to implement a segmentation activity to separate records in my workflow who either have or have not made a click on the last email sent in the workflow. How do I go about doing this? What is the correct dimension that captures this data that I should be selecting when configuring the segmentation activity?

Thanks for any help provided and I can give more context of what I'm trying to do if required. This is using Adobe Campaign Standard. Damien

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Damien,

I'm not sure to understand your last question.

In general, you can combine rules or change your original query to make sure that you capture all the records you want. Queries are not limited to one condition so you could imagine for example querying records that "received THIS delivery OR THAT delivery".

If that's too vague, please share a screenshot of your workflow and let me know where you'd like to retrieve more records.

Florent

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

*To clarify, I want to segment via click - one group that did click and another who did not.

Employee

Hello Damien,

That should be pretty simple Use case. Start with a query targeting recipients of a delivery , the targeting and filtering dimension being profiles .

Now on the segmentation ,

1>. Choose "temporary resource"  under general tab to restrict your segmentation to the last query and not entire DB.

1377302_pastedImage_1.png

2>. In the filter for segmentation , choose tracking Logs exist such as Type == email click.

The tracking logs are saved under this table in ACS . internally known as nms:trackingLogRcp and is linked with profiles table directly .

1377256_pastedImage_0.png

The segment should give you all who clicked for a delivery

3>. Go to advanced and check " generate complement" to get the remainder population who have not clicked .

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Thanks for your reply!

I've given that a try and it seems to be working for me.

But I have another question on querying the records who had just received the deployed emails (to then segment by opens). In my workflow I segment the population by language (english and french) and deploy two emails accordingly. When I then query these two audiences by 'delivery' it seems that I am limited to specific email deployments that has already occurred, rather than just by the email itself to capture all future recipients.

How do i query correctly so that i always collect records that have had one of these two emails delivered to them?

Cheers

Damien

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Damien,

I'm not sure to understand your last question.

In general, you can combine rules or change your original query to make sure that you capture all the records you want. Queries are not limited to one condition so you could imagine for example querying records that "received THIS delivery OR THAT delivery".

If that's too vague, please share a screenshot of your workflow and let me know where you'd like to retrieve more records.

Florent

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. Sorry if my follow question was unclear - but I was able to sort it out myself after a little more troubleshooting.

Cheers

Damien