Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Control Group using a List

Level 1

Hi there, I need to know how you create a control group in a Delivery but instead of doing a random selection, you get the Control Group from a previous campaign that was sent out? I have tried so many ways but can't get it to work...HELP

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi celesteb1980

In your case, you have to use target dimension as a customer and build a new Customer control group list instead of Recipeint. Rest everything will be same.

If this didn't work the post your workflow and delivery settings with the error if any?

This is something which is quite robust in Adobe Campaign so you need not do extra work in the workflow.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Can you share an example of what (and how) you are trying to achieve this? For example how are you defining the control group of the 1st delivery, in which screen (or workflow if it is in a workflow).

Let me know,

Florent.

Level 10

Hi,

There are two options to achieve what you are asking.

Refer to the screen below how to select or apply a control group formula.

1272659_pastedImage_0.png

Option 1: If you have already sent the delivery one and you have opted for a random sampling in the delivery. Now you have to use Query option as mentioned in the above screen and the filter selects the recipient of delivery 1 and applies another filter where control is true which will give you same group as before.

Option 2: You can create a recipient List under list management and use List option to select control list in both deliveries.

Regards,

Amit

Level 1

Hi Amit

I have tried that but it doesn't work, the reason for this is because our system was customized and we do not use recipient. We have a customer which is linked to product tables. I have asked the people who created our system to help so at this time I have to just excluded the Control group in the workflow instead of at Delivery stage.

Thanks guys

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi celesteb1980

In your case, you have to use target dimension as a customer and build a new Customer control group list instead of Recipeint. Rest everything will be same.

If this didn't work the post your workflow and delivery settings with the error if any?

This is something which is quite robust in Adobe Campaign so you need not do extra work in the workflow.

Regards,

Amit