Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Common Fields for Transactional Messages

Level 5

Hi All,

I'm looking to set up a lot of transactional messages in ACS.

There are a set of fields that are common across many emails.

Rather than having to create them all one by one, over and over again for each event - is there a better way?

I thought about creating a dummy event (that I don't publish) with all the fields as a starting point and then planned to duplicate it over and over.... however it seems events can't be duplicated like most other resources?

I not only want to save time, but ensure these common fields get set up consistently (same names, data types etc)

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @davidh2892249,

Transactional event is equivalent to custom resource. Hence you will have to setup them separately. I don't think anything in ACS that allows to have common fields copied across transactional event.

Thanks! 

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

HI @davidh2892249 

Be careful when creating excess transactional messages! I say this because in the Adobe documentation, there is a warning about the limitation of 100 events to guarantee the platform's performance. See the documentation below:

Number of transactional messages

The number of published transactional messages can have a significant impact on your platform. For optimal performance, the number of published transactional messages should remain under 100. To ensure this, unpublish or delete any unused transactional messages. See Unpublishing a transactional message and Deleting a transactional message.

To ensure best performance, you can also unpublish or delete unused events. Indeed, unpublishing or deleting an event will also unpublish or delete the corresponding transactional message(s), and its sending and tracking logs if any. See Unpublishing an event and Deleting an event.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/communication-channels/transactional...

Level 5

Thanks for your response.

I'm only doing 20-30 so not getting towards that limit?

Anyone with any ideas to streamline/manage the creation process?

Thanks

David

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @davidh2892249,

Transactional event is equivalent to custom resource. Hence you will have to setup them separately. I don't think anything in ACS that allows to have common fields copied across transactional event.

Thanks! 

Thanks, Sathees