Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

code a email template for Adobe Campaign

Level 1

Hi folks,

I have to code a email template for Adobe Campaign, but the Adobe Marketing Cloud is a completely new world for me. I have already tried to get concrete information on how exactly the code from email templates works in Adobe Campaign. There is a lot of information but I can't find the relevant stuff. I contacted Adobe Help Center, but I only got general stuff from them.

Could someone, who already has experience with coding email templates in Adobe campaign, help me and refers me to specific videos or websites or PDFs (or maybe some examples) so that I can start with the topic somehow.

That would be really great!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Ivan

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello Ivan,

So I'd highly recommend reviewing the ACS documentation regarding the email designer.  This is the recommended way to design email templates.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/campaign-standard-learn/tutorials/designing-content/email-des...

Regards,

Craig

Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig,

thanks a lot for your time and your help!

Actually, I already looked through the documentation you mentioned, before I asked for help here.

Unfortunately, it is not exactly what I need. That would be the way for users. What I need is documentation for developers who code e-mail templates and implement them in Adobe Campaign, or also interesting for me whether there are options for customizing the editor. Whether I, as a developer, can provide other "content components" for my customers who send via Adobe Campaign, in the sense of completely styled articles, such as article with picture above, headline, text and button. So the user can quickly click together the mailing and does not have to position and style each individual element again and again etc. The way it is currently in Campaign Standard is good on the one hand, then the user has a lot of freedom and can edit each element individually, styling, positioning, etc., but on the other hand, this way is not really efficient and takes a lot of time.

It would be really cool if anyone had any experience in the area of ​​Adobe Campaign and could give me hints for documentaries, videos, examples etc.

Here again specifically what areas interest me:

= coding e-mail templates for Adobe Campaign, or the implementation in Adobe Campaign - I already have experience with coding HTML / CSS templates  and I do it for three other tools. I need specific information for Adobe Campaign and I suspect that this is where HTL comes into play.

= customization by the editor of Adobe Campaign Standard - Information whether and how you can expand the editor with additional elements such as "Content components", or as I have already described above, with more complex article-templates. Any information in this direction is welcome.

Thanks again in advance for your support!

Cheers

Ivan

Level 1

Somebody? Anybody? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!