Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Can we extend a custom resource(A) for Seedmember(testprofile)?

Level 2

I have a custom resource called "A", which is not a extension resource for nms:recipient  . but now i wanted to extended "A" for testprofile(Seedmember) alone? so that i can use that custom resource attributes in the test proofing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @senthilkumargsm,

You can link the custom resource ("A") with seedmember resource and see if you can have same fields by extending the seedmember resource or else through workflow if you're pulling custom resource ("A") data then you can use profile substitution feature for proofing.

Thanks, Sathees

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @senthilkumargsm,

You can link the custom resource ("A") with seedmember resource and see if you can have same fields by extending the seedmember resource or else through workflow if you're pulling custom resource ("A") data then you can use profile substitution feature for proofing.

Thanks, Sathees

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2
Since my email delivery is part of workflow, so there is no option for "Prepare" on the delivery messaging dashboard.. so couldn't use substitution here in my case..

Level 2
getting this message while clicking on the profile substitution tab :"INFORMATION Oops! To add profiles, you need to prepare the message (start the workflow or click prepare in the message dashboard)."

Community Advisor
You will have to run the workflow to let the delivery preparation happens and you don't have to confirm the delivery to send. Once delivery preparation completed goto profile substitution tab and select the profile you want to substitute and specify email to receive proof..
Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

My workflow is in running state already .. but still seeing "INFORMATION Oops! To add profiles, you need to prepare the message (start the workflow or click prepare in the message dashboard)." any idea?

senthilkumargsm_0-1596675543899.png

senthilkumargsm_1-1596675609958.png

Community Advisor

Would you be able to post the screenshot of delivery? and just updated my initial comment on extending custom resource and link to seedmember resource.

Maybe you can follow this blog if you are interested: https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2019/10/14/adobe-campaign-generate-email-proofs-against-complex-d...

Thanks, Sathees

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2
Also i tried extending the seedmember schema and created a link with custom resource, but getting a publish error as "Unable to find XPath element 'recipient/customresource/@customres-attribute' in schema 'nms:recipient'."

Level 2
just wanted to know Seedmember extension scope is with in the nms:recipient boundaries or it can be any other custom resource ?

Community Advisor
Yes, seedmember can be extended with profile fields. Also, i see that you're using recurring delivery and profile substitution will not work on recurring deliveries.
Thanks, Sathees

Level 2
Hello Sathees, Quick clarification your answer "seedmember can be extended with profile fields". Here in my case we are not extending the profile or profile extended attributes for Seedmember. We are trying to extend the custom schema for seedmember, which is a linked schema for profile.

Community Advisor
You won't be able to extend the seedmember resource with custom resource fields.
Thanks, Sathees