Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

Can Subscription services & Landing Page be used by non-Profile targets?

Level 2

Looking to create and manage a subscription service to customers, this will be hosted on our website.  Does the Campaign Standard Subscription Service and Landing Pages allow for the creation and sign-up of new customers to the Profile table and/or updating of those records?

Wanting to have the option for customers to subscribe without being an existing customer and also have it present on a webpage, and not just delivered via an existing email/link.

Within a landing page Access settings there is an option "Authorize unidentified visitors", I'm guessing that isn't what I think it is?

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

Yes, you can also use landing pages to register new users.

Indeed the "Authorize unidentified visitors" option is what is needed to achieve that.

If that one is not checked, only profiles which were matched during page load are able to see the landing page. For other it would fail.

Level 2

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for that feedback.  I've created a copy of the existing sample 'newsletter' service and even with that option set in the landing page, when testing I get an backend db error.   The online documentation for creating all the components for a Subscription Service seems quite light-on.   I can't even seem to find any details on that option "Authorize unidentified visitors"

Do you know of a better resource?

Level 6

Checking the box allows you to add new email addresses to ACS.  Otherwise the landing page requires an encoded email address be passed into the landing page for updating.

johnwwilcoxmba_0-1644588376877.png

Level 2

Thanks for that John, I have that option set and still encounter the error page and the inability to generate new user profiles within ACS for those subscribing to the test newsletter service.

I can get the file to load for non-logged in users via incognito, but it fails to generated the new profile and just passes to the error page for the landing page.  The documentations is quite light-on for minimal functionality needed to achieve, even using the out of the box sample.

Administrator

Hey @AndrewKriz,

Were you able to resolve this query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa ,

I wasn't able to get a satisfactory answer.  Where support went on to say the landing page wasn't able to register new profiles and an existing profile was needed before a subscription could be allocated.

Administrator

Thanks for the update @AndrewKriz. I will share this query among SMEs and see if we can get you a resolution. 

Best,

Sukrity 

Sukrity Wadhwa