Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Bring Staging Instance inline with Production

Level 3

How can I replicate the production instance of Campaign Standard into the Staging environment. With packages, it seems that this isn't done if we use the Platform and Administration as some changes aren't sent over. Is that correct or will the export/import of these two packages bring the staging environment completely inline with production?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @michaelwilding,

Comments on the questions asked.

if I export/import the two default packages will it bring them completely inline? - Yes. For example, if you have a custom resource named "test" it will get as part of the export package from prod and during import, it will update the existing "test" resource in the stage. If the custom resource is not available it will create one in stage environment.

If there are additional elements in the staging instance not in the production, I assume they will stay and still need to be removed manually? - Yes. Any additional elements in the stage environment need to be removed manually.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Michael,

Export/import of two packages should bring the staging environment in line with the production, provided you are not using default IDs as mentioned in the public documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/managing-processes-and-data/importin...

Are you facing any issues while exporting/Importing in terms of any data loss

Level 3

Thank you for the reply. We currently can't export these packages because the Campaign default thumbnails, made by Adobe, are not being served from a secure URL and so the exports fail. There's a bug open for it to be fixed. 

I was trying to find documentation on bringing the environments in line with each other. So to triple confirm, if I export/import the two default packages it will bring them completely inline? This means it will update existing elements with the same ID's and add new ones?

If there are additional elements in the staging instance not in the production, I assume they will stay and still need to be removed manually?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @michaelwilding,

Comments on the questions asked.

if I export/import the two default packages will it bring them completely inline? - Yes. For example, if you have a custom resource named "test" it will get as part of the export package from prod and during import, it will update the existing "test" resource in the stage. If the custom resource is not available it will create one in stage environment.

If there are additional elements in the staging instance not in the production, I assume they will stay and still need to be removed manually? - Yes. Any additional elements in the stage environment need to be removed manually.

Thanks!

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Perfect, thank you. That is how I was hoping it would work.

Level 3

Let us know if it worked for you! We are looking to do the same thing but we are running into issues with the IDs. Getting the error that the ID needs to be unique.

Level 3

@derekw42533281 when you are importing/exporting packages the ID's on everything need to be unique, they cannot be the default ones made by Campaign when you create something. Check in the logs of the export and find out which elements need to have a unique ID and go in and change them. Going forwards implement a practice of changing the ID for everything you create to a custom one and you won't run into this issue again.