Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Bounce Behaviour

Level 6

Hi all,

I have a question about how email bounces are treated in ACS.

I was of the understanding that if an email address hard bounced, it was automatically then added to the Quarantined list. Does anyone know if this is the case simply after one hard bounce, or is the logic set to more than one?

The reason I ask the question is because I have been analyzing some bounce reports and I've come across the following scenario where two contacts, both who bounced with exactly the same bounce error have been treated differently.

Contact A was emailed on 22/02 - This was the first email to this profile. The email bounced with an Error of User Unknown - a hard bounce. This contact is not present on the Quarantined list.

Contact B was email on 26/02 - This profile has been emailed multiple times but this is the first time an email has bounced. The error state was User Unknown - a hard bounce. This contact is present on the Quarantined list.

Can anyone explain why the two would be treated differently?

Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Digital B2B'er,

Ideally once a Hard Bounce has been identified, the corresponding email address should be added to Quarantine List.

This could be an issue which requires further verification.

I have a similar issue reported by some other client as well, will be validating it once from my side.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Digital B2B'er,

Ideally once a Hard Bounce has been identified, the corresponding email address should be added to Quarantine List.

This could be an issue which requires further verification.

I have a similar issue reported by some other client as well, will be validating it once from my side.

Level 6

Thanks for the feedback Garima.

I'd appreciate you posting any updates here should you find out anymore information on why your other client is experiencing the same issue.