Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Blocking all traffic to a specific MX server

Level 2

Hello all

I want to block all traffic to a specified MX server.
I thought it would be sufficient to add this to the MX rules , setting the connection / message counters to 0

However, mail is still going trough, so I'm unsure if this is possible and how to configure this.

Thanks for any pointers

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Dennis

Thank you. We are not updating the MX Information automatically as we want to manage this ourselves.
Apart from that, working with domains is indeed an option but it doesn't work for parked domains for example
that keep adding hundreds of domains each day. So we'd wanted to block the entire MX.

Guess we'll need to do this locally by DNS routing to a blackhole

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @bramvandaele 

the content of MX information is updated daily from the Deliverability Server so updating the MX rules won't work as it'd be overridden overnight.

You would want to look at Typology Rules instead using the domain as a criteria to exclude profiles from certain domains....

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-standard/using/testing-and-sending/working-with-typ...

Thanks

Denis

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Dennis

Thank you. We are not updating the MX Information automatically as we want to manage this ourselves.
Apart from that, working with domains is indeed an option but it doesn't work for parked domains for example
that keep adding hundreds of domains each day. So we'd wanted to block the entire MX.

Guess we'll need to do this locally by DNS routing to a blackhole