Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

ACS - "Duplicate" exclusion clause

Level 2

Hi,

I was looking at the sending logs for a delivery and was surprised to see a large number of exclusions due to the exclusion clause "duplicate":

1638820_pastedImage_0.png

What does this mean?

Thanks!

Danny Diaz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Danny,

Exclusion cause 'Duplicate' simply means there are duplicate email addresses in your Target list and the ACS removes it to avoid duplicate emails sent to the same recipient. Hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi daniel.diaz

This Exclusion Cause means that those many email addresses were already targeted once and were encountered again while sending Delivery.

This 'duplicate' check is a part of the standard Default Typology (see below) which is applied to all the Deliveries:

1639602_pastedImage_0.png

If you wish to get this rule deselected for any Delivery, you could either duplicate this Default Typology and remove the Duplicate Rule or simply deselect the "Apply the rule on all deliveries" option as below by double clicking on the Duplicate Rule.

1639603_pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps!

Level 2

Hi Garima,

Thanks so much for your reply!

Can you clarify "This Exclusion Cause means that those many email addresses were already targeted once and were encountered again while sending Delivery."

My understanding is that the query targets a fixed number of users. Why would they be encountered again while sending the delivery?

Thanks!

Danny

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Danny,

Exclusion cause 'Duplicate' simply means there are duplicate email addresses in your Target list and the ACS removes it to avoid duplicate emails sent to the same recipient. Hope this clarifies.