Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Recurring deliveries - proofs

Community Advisor

Hi,

as we know Substitute by address and Seed addresses options are not available for recurring deliveries in Adobe Classic.

Does anyone exactly know which build last had this feature enabled?

Thank you

5 Replies

Level 7

Hi Milan,

I guess there is no such feature in any of the builds.

However if you wish to send the proofs for recurring deliveries, you can do so following below:

Go to Administration->Production->Objects created Automatically->Campaign Delivery Templates

You can search for your delivery and then right click->actions->execute the delivery template.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 3.09.16 pm.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anita

Community Advisor

Hi Anita,

this is helpful, but it creates additional delivery without target which is not fine for me. I saw that on this way I can choose any option which is great (Only Substitution of an address is returning an error, because there is no target definition due this additional delivery creation.)

Anyway, I am also available to remove data policy (rightnow is it pre-set Specific Target) and enable choosing any other option directly from delivery after workflow execution, but in case of Substitution and Seed addresses there is a known error:  XTK-170036 Unable to parse expression '@id=[temp:deliveryRecurring-all:@id]'.  I need these options working.

Some business users confirmed that they had this option with "some" previous build, this is why I am asking this. Checked history to the build 8936 and without success.

If you have any info about this error it will be helpful.

Regards,

Milan

Community Advisor

Hi,

I found in MDATA column (nms:delivery table) following xml for recurring delivery where Substitution of address does not work:

<deliveryTarget nonEmpty="false">

<targetPart exclusion="false" id="0" ignoreDeleteStatus="false" label="TEST" segmentCodeType="none">

<where filterName="temp:deliveryRecurring-all|wkf*****4115_37_1_ALL" id="0">

<condition expr="@id=[temp:deliveryRecurring-all:@id]" internalId="0"/>

And there is for standalone delivery where Substitution of address work:

<deliveryTarget nonEmpty="true" serialization="'first name equal to 'test''">

<targetPart computedLabel="Query: first name equal to 'test'" exclusion="false" id="*****0946" ignoreDeleteStatus="false" label="first name equal to 'test'" segmentCodeType="none">

<where displayFilter="first name equal to 'test'" filterName="backGroundFilterFrm" id="*****7223">

<condition compositeKey="" dependkey="" enabledIf="" expr="@firstName = 'test'" internalId="*****6501"/>

You may see the difference.  Does anybody knows which piece of code generates these xmls?

I will continue to investigate anyway.

Regards,

Milan

Level 2

@Milan_Vucetic did you ever figure out a way to send proofs for recurring deliveries using substitution of address or seed addresses? Thanks! Cindy

Community Advisor

Hi @cmabruzzese0923,

I did some changes and all proofs modes are working for me. Anyway, still working on the solution as above works only for deliveries which do not have personalization inside. Looking to extend API SQL which do not join temp targetData table (personalization variables and values).

Regards, 

Milan