Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Linking Fields

Level 5

I would like to set one field with an enumeration (on the left, below (@campaign_ministry_area)), and then have the selection be populated in another filed (on the right,webAnalytics/@tag1). I'm not 100% sure where to start.

But both fields are on my extension of the delivery table, in my own namespace.

The purpose of having both fields to is to set one within campaign, while the other gets processed to out web analytics account.

I feel like I can do something like this

<element externalJoin="true" label="Tag1" name="webAnalytics/@tag1" revLink="Delivery"

target="lw:delivery" type="link">

<join xpath-dst="@id" xpath-src="@Campaign_Minisitry_Area"/>

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Link Data.png

14 Replies

Level 10

Hi David,

You need not change the schema you can go to the input form for the delivery and use below code to pick the value from one tab and use it in another?

<enter>

<set expr="Iif([@Campaign_Minisitry_Area]=='', 'defaultvalue', [@Campaign_Minisitry_Area])"

xpath="webAnalytics/@tag1"/>

</enter>

Note: ensure you are using correct Xpaths here

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

I added it but im nor seeing what i would have expected. I added it to the beginning of that container. Is defautvalue supposed to be defaultValue? proper V?

delivery input form.png

tag1.png

Level 10

Hi David,

To Make this work you have to load the xpaths into delivery so that your values can be loaded into the context which was saved before.

attribute name will be like  xpathsToLoad="name of xpaths with comma separated values, which sometimes requires more changes based on the time when you want to see the change etc. in your case you can do it simply by using snippet:

<postSave>

<if expr="@Campaign_Minisitry_Area != ''">

<set expr="Coalesce(@Campaign_Minisitry_Area, 'defaultvalue can be anything that you want as default')" xpath="webAnalytics/@tag1"/>

<set value="nms:delivery" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/@xtkschema"/>

<set value="update" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/@_operation"/>

<set expr="[@id]" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/@id"/>

<soapCall name="Write" service="xtk:persist">

<param exprIn="[/ignored/writer/delivery]" type="DOMDocument"/>

</soapCall>

</if>

</postSave>

Add this snippet just before the form closing tag in your input form. please ensure all xpaths names as I do not have access to your form.

Remove previously suggested code change.

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

I doubled checked the xpaths, and I even added the fields in xpaths to load, and I'm still not seeing anything.

Level 10

did you tried postSave method mentioned above, i just tested this and it is working fine for me.

Level 5

amit_kr​,

I believe I've done it as you have shown above. There must be something I am leaving out...None of my tests ave worked.

This is what I currently have.

Delivereies (nms) input form.

xpathsToLoad="@Campaign_Minisitry_Area,webAnalytics/@tag1"

Link Data.png

Lind Data 2.png

Level 10

Hi David,

your If conditions is incorrect, it should be for postsave

<if expr="@Campaign_Minisitry_Area != ''"

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

I've updated to <if expr="@Campaign_Minisitry_Area != ''"> and i am still not seeing anything.

Level 10

Hi David,

It's strange, Can you send me your Delivery schema and input form in a personal email at amitdeol@outlook.com?

I will try to execute that on my local system and I will respond back.

Regards,

Amit

Level 10

Hey,

I did a quick test and you have used incorrect XPath for tag1, use this and it will work!

<postSave>

<set expr="Coalesce(@Campaign_Minisitry_Area, '')" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/webAnalytics/@tag1"/>

<set value="nms:delivery" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/@xtkschema"/>

<set value="update" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/@_operation"/>

<set expr="[@id]" xpath="/ignored/writer/delivery/@id"/>

<soapCall name="Write" service="xtk:persist">

<param exprIn="[/ignored/writer/delivery]" type="DOMDocument"/>

</soapCall>

</postSave>

Regards,

Amit

Level 5

I tried adding it and Im still not seeing it populate. Does the namespace matter at all? Should it be lw:delivery? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Level 6

@Amit_Kumar - Even I have similar scenario and having same issue. were this issue solved ? Would you able to share the solution?

Level 2

Hello @davidl14970702 ,

Just use the below code to auto populate the tag1 value with Campaign Ministry Value

<enter>
    <set expr="Iif(@Campaign_Minisitry_Area==''),@Campaign_Ministry_Area ,'DEFAULT_VALUE_HERE')"   xpath="webAnalytics/@tag1"/>
</enter>

Let me know if this works.