Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕[Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] Aug 5th, 12pm IST: Vipul Raghav, Principal Technical Support Consultant☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, August 5th, 2021 @ 12pm IST

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

We'll be joined by Vipul Raghav aka @Vipul_Raghav, Principal Technical Support Consultant for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to his areas of expertise: 

• Running and Operating Adobe Campaign -
    • Workflow optimization
    • Monitoring best practices
    • Delivery channels like Email, Push, SMS
    • Message Center

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

1. Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  2. Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  3. Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  2. Begin your Question with @Vipul_Raghav 
  3. When exchanging messages with Vipul about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Vipul

vipul.jpg

Vipul Raghav is a Principal Technical Support Consultant for Adobe Campaign based in Sydney, Australia. Vipul has over 6 years of experience working with Adobe Campaign, right from launch advisory to the steady state support of a business implementation. Areas of expertise include:

1. Workflow Optimization – including ways to optimize SQL.
  2. Monitoring best practices
  3. Delivery Channels like Emails, Push, SMSs etc.
  4. Message Center
  5. Build upgrades and Environment Assessments.

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi All,

I'm here to chat with you all on the following topics. 

1. Workflow Optimization – including ways to optimize SQL.
  2. Monitoring best practices
  3. Delivery Channels like Emails, Push, SMSs etc.
  4. Message Center
  5. Build upgrades and Environment Assessments.

Please do not hesitate to post your queries. Looking forward to the questions coming through.

Employee Advisor

Good Morning from Adobe Basel / Switzerland

Employee Advisor

@ramon_bisswanger wrote:

Good Morning from Adobe Basel / Switzerland

Hi @ramon_bisswanger , 

Good Morning and pleased to see you here.

Administrator

Hi @Vipul_Raghav, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @mmbb110 :

“ I need some help in setting up monitoring for the campaign control panel, recently we had issues where it was totally down and its important for us to be notified if there is any issue with the site.

how do I set up something which can let me know if the control panel is down? any ideas or suggestions please.

any endpoints that I can call via API to check the status? ”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/monitoring/qaq-p/414433

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor

@Sukrity_Wadhwa wrote:

Hi @Vipul_Raghav, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @mmbb110 :

“ I need some help in setting up monitoring for the campaign control panel, recently we had issues where it was totally down and its important for us to be notified if there is any issue with the site.

how do I set up something which can let me know if the control panel is down? any ideas or suggestions please.

any endpoints that I can call via API to check the status? ”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/monitoring/qaq-p/414433

Hi @mmbb110,

It is a very valid question and since Control Panel is part of product, its availability becomes very important.

We have monitoring in place for Control Panel in terms of availability for all customers. If there are availability issues or a global/regional outage it will appears on https://status.adobe.com. We recommend if you can go to the page and subscribe yourself to the alerts

Vapsy_0-1628145735333.png

However, at times the issue can be local to your environment, if the underlying middle layer is unable to sync information to Control Panel. Monitoring around this is being enhanced as we talk. However, if there is an off-scenario where you were not notified, please do engage support with a P1 ticket (business justification needed) and they will be able to help you. 

Also they will be able to help setup monitoring around the issue faced by you.

Hope it helps.

Level 9

Hi @Vapsy, Thank you for your response, in this scenario the issue was global but there was no update on the status page, looks like there was some OOM error.

it would be really helpful if these components can be monitored.

Administrator

Hi @Vipul_Raghav , Thanks for taking the time today for the Community
This question was originally posted by Community member @daver37819942 
“  In comparison to an email delivery to where you can see what the recipient received in the sending log of a delivery. Is this available for the push channel? Is there something that needs to be configured? And this also goes for SMS channel as well. ”
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/acs-mirror-page-for-a-push-...

Kautuk Sahni

Employee Advisor

Thank you for sharing this question @kautuk_sahni.

@kautuk_sahni wrote:

Hi @Vipul_Raghav , Thanks for taking the time today for the Community
This question was originally posted by Community member @daver37819942 
“  In comparison to an email delivery to where you can see what the recipient received in the sending log of a delivery. Is this available for the push channel? Is there something that needs to be configured? And this also goes for SMS channel as well. ”
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/acs-mirror-page-for-a-push-...

Hi @daver37819942

By default, there is no exposed mirror page functionality for SMS and push. 

If you are working on ACC, you can setup an external system or a workflow inside Campaign to read through delivery logs of a certain delivery and generate the mirror page on fly

The following community post speaks about it: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/mirror-page-genera...

It makes more sense to do this for SMS channel but in case of push, the rendering might not work. Push notification differs from device to device and it will not be a real rendition of the actual notification.

Please note that the mirror pages are purged after 60 days by default, so ensure such data is extracted before that.

Additionally, avoid making too many mirror page rendering calls as they are resource intensive and can slow down the system if ran on a big delivery.

Regards,
Vipul 

Administrator

Hi @Vipul_Raghav

Could you also look at this Community question which was originally posted by Community member @daehob89554022 :

“ In ACS case, How can we develop new custom delivery channel?

- We must have own UI for new custom delivery on ACS.

- We have to integrate with local provider.

In ACC case, we can manage 'input-form', 'JS' and so on.

But I think we can only manage API through Adobe I/O on ACS.

Is it possible to integrate ACS with new custom delivery channel? ”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/developing-new-custom-deliv...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor

@Sukrity_Wadhwa wrote:

Hi @Vipul_Raghav

Could you also look at this Community question which was originally posted by Community member @daehob89554022 :

“ In ACS case, How can we develop new custom delivery channel?

- We must have own UI for new custom delivery on ACS.

- We have to integrate with local provider.

In ACC case, we can manage 'input-form', 'JS' and so on.

But I think we can only manage API through Adobe I/O on ACS.

Is it possible to integrate ACS with new custom delivery channel? ”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/developing-new-custom-deliv...

Hi @daehob89554022,

Feature for having a custom delivery channel in ACS is still not possible.

We will welcome Enhancement Request from customers. Can you please log a case with support to have this functionality exposed.

Regards,
Vipul

Administrator

Hi @Vipul_Raghav,

Here's another Community question that was originally posted by Community member @shiyamalad17317 :

“ I just need your suggestions on the below requirement.

For Eg.

User A receives email from Gmail.

User B receives email from Outlook.

When I click "Reply To" action, Is it possible that we can able to track those email address/opens/clicks from Adobe Campaign Classic? (monitoring inputs) Could you guys provide workaround solution for this? ”

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/monitoring-input-a...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Employee Advisor

Hi @shiyamalad17317,

We will need a bit of clarification on your request. 

If you wish to get back the actual message which someone posted after hitting reply to your marketing email. Yes, it is possible.

You need to ensure that the Reply address on email is one that belongs to your organisation and not the one delegated to Adobe for use on Campaign.

If your domain is mycompany.com and you happen to delegate emails.mycompany.com to ACC.

Sender address can be sales@email.mycompany.com but reply address should be something like customercare@mycompany.com and this mailbox should be monitored by a team on your side. If you will use a reply address on the delegated subdomain, it will be discarded by Campaign and there is no way to recover it.

Hope I understood your request properly. If not, can you please elaborate on your request. 

Administrator

Thanks a lot @Vipul_Raghav for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful.

Sukrity Wadhwa