Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

☕[Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break] 5th Aug, 8am PT: Juergen Naeckel, Principal Technical Architect☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break, on Thursday, August 5th, 2021 @ 8am PT

Register here for this Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break.

We'll be joined by Juergen Naeckel aka @naeckel, Principal Technical Architect for Adobe Campaignwho will be signed in here to the Adobe Campaign Community to chat directly with you on this thread to take your Adobe Campaign questions pertaining to his areas of expertise: 

• Leveling up with Adobe Campaign -
    • Simple to complex workflows
    • Personalization
    • Email design best practices
    • Monitoring and reporting

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

1. Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  2. Must post a Question about Adobe Campaign Coffee Break topic on this thread
  3. Think of this as the Adobe Campaign Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  2. Begin your Question with @naeckel 
  3. When exchanging messages with Juergen about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Juergen

Capture.PNGJuergen is a Principal Technical Architect for Adobe Campaign, working with the product since over 12 years. He has a profound understanding of the architecture of the product with expertise in the design of the DB landscape and application processes, along with deep understanding of simple to complex workflows, email design best practices, monitoring and reporting in Campaign.  

Sukrity Wadhwa
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 2

Hello everybody.  Welcome to the coffee break.

Level 1

@naeckel I don't have a question at the moment. 

Administrator

Hey @kgraves1, Welcome to the Coffee Break!

No worries if you don't have a question at the moment, just feel free to hang around and let us know whenever you do want to ask something.

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

Hi @naeckel,

It would be great if you could share some information about active profiles. How are they counted in Campaign and please feel free to elaborate on any best practices. 
Regards,
TG

Employee

@tg207 A profile is considered active if the profile has been targeted or communicated with in the past 12 months via any channel. You can find more details here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/profile-management/ab...

Level 2

@maheshk38824399 wrote:

@tg207 A profile is considered active if the profile has been targeted or communicated with in the past 12 months via any channel. You can find more details here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/getting-started/profile-management/ab...

True enough, I should have stated this.  Anybody being contacted in the last 12 months.  Thank you Mahesh.

Level 2

@tg207 wrote:

Hi @naeckel,

It would be great if you could share some information about active profiles. How are they counted in Campaign and please feel free to elaborate on any best practices. 
Regards,
TG

Hey there,

thanks for the question.

First we need to figure out what an active profile is.  A lot of customers go and say "same email address -> same active profile".  However, that is not necessarily true.

Think for example of an financial investor company.  I might be in that database because my company sponsored a 401K contract with them.  And I might be in that database because I brought my personal retirement planning to them.  They are to distinct different accounts.  They should not be considered the same profile.  401K has nothing to do with personal retirement planning.  So, just deduping by address field is not valid.  Also, to take it a step further, how would the application then reconcile this mobile push token with an email address?  The application needs to look at the targeting dimension of a delivery and count only the primary keys.

The workflows "Billing (active profiles)" looks at all broadLog tables and does the count based on the targeted population for this broadLog.  If the customer's environment has multiple different tables used for targeting, it is possible/likely that one individual/profile is present in multiple of those targeting dimensions.  With the understanding that deduping by address field is not OK, that will lead to counting by the targeting dimension table.  Again, in an environment where multiple tables serve as targeting dimension, there will be no reconciliation across those different tables.  The application has no understanding on how to reconcile.

To help with the "double counting", the customer needs to configure the DB in a way that uniquely identifies a profile.  As an example,  the customer could introduce a new table cus:INDIVIDUAL.  And all the other targeting dimension tables are linked to a record in the new cus:INDIVIDUAL table.  so, regardless if a record with identical email address exists multiple times in one table or in different tables, they all should link to the same record in the INDIVIDUAL table.

Next, the target mappings should be adjusted so that the target mapping uses a filtering dimension.  With those changes, only one broadLog table is needed - the one for the INDIVIDUAL.  All outgoing communication, regardless which targeting dimension table will be implicitly converted to cus:INDIVIDUAL.

That means from that moment on, the active profile count will only look at the broadLog for the INDIVIDUAL.  This will ensure that the the profiles are counted as unique record the way the links form the other tables to the cus:INDIVIDUAL is configured - exactly following the customers needs for deduplication.

True, the change is not as instantly as claimed.  But it will resolve the issue in the first place.  And after a while the active profiles will only be counted against the INDIVIDUAL table.

J

Administrator

Hi @naeckel, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @JordanPhoenix :

“ I created a custom background image, 800x600, saved as .png. Then I navigated to images in ACC, clicked "new", then tried to import. If someone has a screenshot to share showing how you upload a new image file for this custom background, I'd appreciate it. I'm doing something wrong because the uploaded file is not working. "

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/custom-background-...

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 2

@Sukrity_Wadhwa wrote:

Hi @naeckel, Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions today!

This question was originally posted by Community member @JordanPhoenix :

“ I created a custom background image, 800x600, saved as .png. Then I navigated to images in ACC, clicked "new", then tried to import. If someone has a screenshot to share showing how you upload a new image file for this custom background, I'd appreciate it. I'm doing something wrong because the uploaded file is not working. "

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/custom-background-...

Hey Jordan,

as others answered in the thread, this is the expected behavior.  We can see if we can make it better.  So, as you probably know, the canvas of the workflow editing panel is limited.  I do not know exactly how big.  My hunch is 4k x 4k.  if you upload an image that is only 800x600, that only fills a small area of the canvas.  What is the application to do?  Scaling?  Then you text and logo might no longer look nice.  Or repetition.  That is what you are experiencing.  Have you tried uploading an image 4000x4000?  I don't know if those would be valid and accepted.  But this should address your issue.  The application would not have to scale/duplicate anything.

J

Administrator

Thanks a lot @naeckel for taking out the time to chat with us today! This was supremely helpful. 

Sukrity Wadhwa