Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Adobe campaign classic FDA

Level 2

Does the FDA feature in campaign classic complement the data in campaign database? Meaning, is FDA is used to enrich additional data from external sources aling side the core recipient data in the campaign database and NOT to be used as a core campaign database (including recipient data) from external sources? Please clarify.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, you can also query directly (non-enrich) or write to FDA as desired.

You can't install Campaign on an FDA db, though it will install its sql functions there.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Thanks Jon. So if I've contact data in an external database like an Oracle DB, I still need to import these records into Adobe campaign recipient table(both initial and incremental load)  to use in segmentation and personalization, correct?

Community Advisor

That's the opposite of what I wrote, but you're still correct on a deeper level. Generally you want to use FDA as an ETL vehicle, periodically sync'ing demographic data and leaving activity data in place. There aren't any technical limitations on using an FDA table as an external recipient table afaik, though it's not a great idea for the usual reasons plus the FDA reasons (availability, complexity, perf).