Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

What's wrong with Deduplication based on Emails?

Level 2

Hi all!

I've been working on updating recipients with a Targeting workflow which includes a Data loading (file) activity to sum to my recipients table, and this is followed by a Deduplication activity before adding those new profiles to a list and updating them.

On the Deduplication activity I selected the Temporary schema so I could deduplicate my loaded file, and I am selecting the email as my attribute to identify duplicates.

When I run the workflow it says: Attribute 'email' unknown XTK-170036. Unable to parse expression '@email'. Someone know why could I be getting this error?

I would appreciate your help a lot. Best!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @andregonzalez- In the file uploaded in the Data file loading activity- please check the data type & name of the field which is having email address. Also, in the deduplication activity, also please select the same field name.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @andregonzalez ,

Have you selected the temporary schema in the dropdown as well (as in screenshot)?

Krishnanunni_0-1626241175486.png

If you already have set this, please check the expression added in deduplication. Usually when adding columns from a data loading activity, we don't have to use the '@' in the expression. You may open the 'Edit expression' and select the email column from there.

Krishnanunni_0-1626241253008.png

Level 2

Hi @Krishnanunni,

That's right, I had selected  the temporary schema in the dropdown as in your screenshot, and selected the email expression there as well.

I haven't found the solution to this error yet it seems right to me, but I'm thinking that maybe this email field doesn't work for deduplication, even though all of the profiles that I am uploading has it and the column is well identified.

Thank you for this possible solution Have a great day!

Level 4
Hi @andregonzalez, If it is still not resolved, could you please share some screenshots so that we might be able to find the root cause. We usually use the data loading and deduplication activities together.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @andregonzalez- In the file uploaded in the Data file loading activity- please check the data type & name of the field which is having email address. Also, in the deduplication activity, also please select the same field name.