Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Unable to send SMS exceeding 160 characters

Level 2

Hi,

I am unable to send SMS's exceeding 160 characters even after setting the Property: "Max. No of SMSes per message" to 2 in the Delivery Activity as shown in the below screenshot. 

My message text is

Hello ABCDEFGHIJKLM!

Morning!

Today is quite sunny. What's your plan to celebrate today?

Workout or healthy lunch? Or both?

Make your day better by listening music or dancing or painting.

From XXX Campaign Service team

1757524_pastedImage_1.png

Within the Audit log, I am getting error : The SMS message content is too long. It contains 267 characters whereas the maximum authorized is 160.

1757523_pastedImage_0.png

I am able to send SMS having content within the 160 char. limit. I am using SMPP setup.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi poorvab56881543​, Pablo

This is being discussed in a support ticket , so we can mark this as resolved here.

Most of the questions have already been answered.

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi Poorvab,

Your text message is 234 chars (utf-8) without the emoticon.
The emoticon encoding is not 1 char but several chars (see ISO table encoding of emoticons).

Moreover, when you submit a proof it adds some extra chars ("[FCP] " by default so 6 chars).

Try by putting 3 SMS per message please.

Hope this helps.
Regards

J-Serge

Employee

Hello Poorva,

It rather looks like a warning from a typology rule 'Message Size validation ' than an error during the delivery analysis.

Can you share the error log in the delivery logs.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Community Advisor

Even 2 SMS per delivery should be enough as it equates to 320 characters or so.

Level 2

Hi J-Serge,

Thanks for your response.

I increased the Max. Number of messages per SMSes to 4. Even then, I am getting the same error.

Unable to understand the root cause.

Regards,

Poorva

Community Advisor

Hi Poorva,

As Adhiyan requested, can you please share the error from the delivery logs.

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

There were no errors in the delivery logs. Not sure if there are any errors @ mid-sourcing for delv: DM302747.

1758480_pastedImage_0.png

As you suspected, the default typology rule:Message size validation is possibly restricting the delivery. As, I received a SMS after removing this rule from the typology. However, I have few further queries in this regard:

1. What could be the possible implications of removing this rule? Is it required to modify the default code used in it?

2. I received single message for this SMS instead of two. Like to understand the expected behaviour in such cases.

3. The status of Delivery and Delivery Logs were "Being Edited" and "Pending" respectively after 2 hours of receiving this message. Would like to discuss it as well.

Thanks,

Poorva

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi poorvab56881543​, Pablo

This is being discussed in a support ticket , so we can mark this as resolved here.

Most of the questions have already been answered.

Regards,

Adhiyan