Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Subscriber Applications - What are "disabled" and "de-activation date" ?

Level 4

HI There! 

I am looking at our subscriber Application table that holds all mobile devices registered which we use to send push messages to. 

I am trying to figure out what the two fields "disabled" and "de-activation date" holds? I mean, it is pretty self-explanatory, but I am interested in knowing when they are being set. 

Hope that someone can help out!

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @SorenDP, the APNS server asynchronously notifies Adobe Campaign that a device token has been unregistered (when mobile application has been uninstalled by the user in our case but not when customer disable notifications in the app itself -> this is could be a way how our app is developed). The mobileAppOptOutMgt workflow runs every X hours to contact the APNS feedback services to update the AppSubscriptionRcp table. For all the deactivated tokens, the field Disabled is set to True, date of the action is updated and the subscription linked to that device token will be automatically excluded from future deliveries.

Regards,

Milan

Level 4

Hi @Milan_Vucetic. Thank you for the answer! 

Do you know if the APNS server only applies to apple devices ? It looks like it from my perspective. 

So if we did not implement any extended logic from our app to add to the list of disabled devices in the APNS server, then we would only receive "disabled = yes" and de-activation date for the devices that are uninstalled?  

Community Advisor

Hello @SorenDP ,

yes, APNS is only for apple devices and FCM (now GCM) is for Android.

Answer on second question is yes. Anyway, you can test this easily with app deinstalation and check table later.

Regards,

Milan