Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Regarding "Temp Tables" created using option "Keep interim results between the populations" checked in WKf

Level 4

Thanks @_Manoj_Kumar_ 

for the info

I just need one small info here

our team is creating wkfs

for eg: scheduled to run @9am daily

and keeping this option"keep interim...." checked from last 2 years

now coz of that so many temP tables are created in DB everyday

NOW MY ASK IS

1)if I disable/uncheck the option ""keep interim...  results....."  in wkfs

will it delete all of my temp tables created since 2 years

2)After unchecking the option ""keep interim...  results....."  in wkfs

do we need to restart the wkf then only tables will be deleted by DB Clean up WKF or if we can simply disable this option  then THESE TEMP tables will be deleted by DB Clean up WKF

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 ,

1) Even though those workflows are running for last 2 years with keepInterim enabled, Only the working tables of the last execution of the workflow are kept. Working tables from previous executions are purged by the cleanup workflow, which runs on a daily basis. So by unchecking the keepInterim, the temp table will get deleted in days mentioned in workflow property.

ParthaSarathy_0-1664774949253.png

2) You can create a technical workflow to uncheck all the WKFs automatically where keepInterim is enabled. Once unchecked, the temp table will get deleted in days mentioned in workflow property.

Refer here for the workflow

Best Practice:

ParthaSarathy_1-1664775243574.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shruti1 ,

1) Even though those workflows are running for last 2 years with keepInterim enabled, Only the working tables of the last execution of the workflow are kept. Working tables from previous executions are purged by the cleanup workflow, which runs on a daily basis. So by unchecking the keepInterim, the temp table will get deleted in days mentioned in workflow property.

ParthaSarathy_0-1664774949253.png

2) You can create a technical workflow to uncheck all the WKFs automatically where keepInterim is enabled. Once unchecked, the temp table will get deleted in days mentioned in workflow property.

Refer here for the workflow

Best Practice:

ParthaSarathy_1-1664775243574.png