Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Recommended data schema to pass temporary data to an email delivery?

Level 2

Hello, I've created new tables in the data model before but am wondering if Content Schema (or Data Library) might be better for my use case. I can't find any reference to Data Library in the documentation so I don't know what this schema is for.

My use case is as follows:

My BI dept already has a process set up in MS SQL Server to compile and email a monthly statement to our clients but we would like to move it to Adobe. This statement includes 6 very short dynamic fields such as start date, end date, a Y/N Boolean, last-4 of account, and another field with a 2 digit number. I do not need to save the data after the email is sent and would be happy to purge the table following the delivery each month.

Should I create a new data table in the current data model, or use Content Management or Data Library? Again, I don't understand what Data Library is for except the short description which reads "create a table containing only the data to be referenced". This could sound like what I'm trying to do but I'm unsure what this schema model does.

Thank you in advance for any help?

Best,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I would recommend creating a new table, add a link to nms:recipient and then you can reference it in the delivery template through a link directly. You can add some technical workflow that would delete any old records from it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I would recommend creating a new table, add a link to nms:recipient and then you can reference it in the delivery template through a link directly. You can add some technical workflow that would delete any old records from it.

Level 2

Thank you Dima. I assume by saying create a new table, you are meaning the the standard table (option one) in the wizard?

I'll mark it as complete and correct as the above statement (option one -standard table) is what I assume to be the correct answer.

Best,

Scott