Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Procedures to connect my adobe campaign customer contacts to external platforms

Level 1

I want to achieve a 2-way sync between adobe campaign contacts and the contact lists in external platforms, using telephone numbers as the primary keys. Is there any procedure to guide me how to do so. I need detailed procedures like setups in adobe campaigns. 

Is it possible to do the 2-way sync in the "workflow" function? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @CharlesLe3 ,

If I understand correctly, you want to first export data from the external platform and import it into Adobe Campaign, using telephone numbers as primary keys, and vice versa.

1. Integration Setup:
It's crucial to set up the integration. You didn't specify the external platform or whether this process should be a one-time task or automated. The simplest approach is to export the data from your external system into a file.

2. Data Field Selection and Formatting:
Identify the necessary fields from the external system and create a CSV file. Ensure that each phone number has a single entry if you intend to use it as the primary key. You can request the external system to export data in this specified format.

3. Workflow Configuration for Data Import:
Configure a workflow to import this data into Adobe Campaign. Start with a Data Loading activity to upload the file. Then, use an Update activity within the workflow. In the Update activity, select the reconciliation option to update and insert the data. Map the telephone number from your file to the telephone field in the recipient schema.

If you wish to automate this ingestion process, the external source can drop a file on the Adobe Campaign server or another designated location like an FTP server, S3, or Blob storage. The workflow can then read the file using a File Collector activity and upload it into Adobe Campaign automatically.

4. Exporting Data to External Source:
To send data back to the external source, first, export the data into a file and place it on a server where the external source can access it. If it's a one-time activity, you can export it to the Adobe Campaign server or an FTP server for sharing.

This is the simplest approach, but if your external system supports direct integration, explore that possibility as well.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Parvesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @CharlesLe3 ,

If I understand correctly, you want to first export data from the external platform and import it into Adobe Campaign, using telephone numbers as primary keys, and vice versa.

1. Integration Setup:
It's crucial to set up the integration. You didn't specify the external platform or whether this process should be a one-time task or automated. The simplest approach is to export the data from your external system into a file.

2. Data Field Selection and Formatting:
Identify the necessary fields from the external system and create a CSV file. Ensure that each phone number has a single entry if you intend to use it as the primary key. You can request the external system to export data in this specified format.

3. Workflow Configuration for Data Import:
Configure a workflow to import this data into Adobe Campaign. Start with a Data Loading activity to upload the file. Then, use an Update activity within the workflow. In the Update activity, select the reconciliation option to update and insert the data. Map the telephone number from your file to the telephone field in the recipient schema.

If you wish to automate this ingestion process, the external source can drop a file on the Adobe Campaign server or another designated location like an FTP server, S3, or Blob storage. The workflow can then read the file using a File Collector activity and upload it into Adobe Campaign automatically.

4. Exporting Data to External Source:
To send data back to the external source, first, export the data into a file and place it on a server where the external source can access it. If it's a one-time activity, you can export it to the Adobe Campaign server or an FTP server for sharing.

This is the simplest approach, but if your external system supports direct integration, explore that possibility as well.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Parvesh