Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Possible reasons for broadlog status to be in "Pending" - adobe campaign classic

Level 4

Hi All,

Seeking your advice to help me understand the possible reasons for broadlog entry of SMS/email delivery to be in pending state or if we can have any logs where such reasons are specified and confirmed.

Scenario- We have sent an SMS delivery targeting approx.- 1.7 Million users, however ~10% of them are in pending status [approx - 186535].

1. How should we retarget pending broadlogs as per best practice-  We are planning to get these pending records from broadlog and then retarget them-- Please let me know if there could be a better approach for this?

2. How to get the logs of these pending broadlog status sharing the reason of them being in pending status?

3. How to make sure those were not delivered at all? or if only the broadlog status of these ids were not changed but the sms were sent?

Highly grateful for any help or reference !

Thanks!

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Poonam,

I might suggest checking out https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/sms-deliveries-stuck-on-sta... which goes into the various reasons why SMS deliveries to recipients are sitting in Pending.

I would also recommend checking out the troubleshooting documentation which goes into enabling verbose logging, etc. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/sending-messages/sending-messages-on-...

Community Advisor

Hi @Poonam_Dogra ,

Following are my suggestions for your queries:

1. How should we retarget pending broadlogs as per best practice-  We are planning to get these pending records from broadlog and then retarget them-- Please let me know if there could be a better approach for this?

First, there is already a retry mechanism in the Adobe campaign (link) so you may review this property in your deliveries and may add/increase the retry period for pending deliveries. Also, check the "validity_period" in the Submit_SM setting of your SMPP external account to make sure there is some short limit set to SMS retires. (link)

Second, if you want to re-target the 'Pending' broadLogs' recipients daily for Sms delivery, you can create a retry workflow that fetches the 'Pending' status logs for that particular SMS delivery (table to use: nms:broadLogRcp) and then target them again. 

2. How to get the logs of these pending broadlog status sharing the reason of them being in pending status?

Tabel will be nms:broadLogsRcp and the reason for the 'Pending' should be explained in the incoming SR's that you can find in the nms:inSMS table

3. How to make sure those were not delivered at all? or if only the broadlog status of these ids were not changed but the sms was sent?

First, make sure that there is no syncing issue with the incoming SR's for the Submit SMs of your SMS deliveries. For this refer to my old answer here

Br,

Shubham