Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Personalization Block delivery issue

Community Advisor

Hello guys, I am trying to use the personalization block mentioned below but I am facing an issue during deliverying . If I execute the preview I have no issue. Any idea?

1982luca_0-1628650543166.png

var article = xtk.queryDef.create(<queryDef schema="xxx:ArticleCatalog" operation="select">                                            <select>                                             <node expr={"@articleName"}/>                                             <node expr={"@articleDesc"}/>                                             <node expr={"@articlePageURL"}/>                                             <node expr={"@articleURL"}/>                                            </select>                                                                                    </queryDef>).ExecuteQuery()                                                 var articleName=article[0].@articleName 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Luca_Lattarini,

preview will fail every time you use anything more than variables. try to send yourself a proof and if it works it works.

Also mind that doing query in personalization will cause decrease in delivery processing speed. As you query database for each recipients.

It Would be better to append this article before delivery to the targeting dimension or even better if same article is used for more recipients inject the article array as json string to the delivery from the delivery object modification script and then use it as variable?

Follow this article:

https://blog.floriancourgey.com/2018/05/how-to-add-variables-from-a-workflow-in-a-delivery

How to add variables to delivery find here

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Luca_Lattarini,

preview will fail every time you use anything more than variables. try to send yourself a proof and if it works it works.

Also mind that doing query in personalization will cause decrease in delivery processing speed. As you query database for each recipients.

It Would be better to append this article before delivery to the targeting dimension or even better if same article is used for more recipients inject the article array as json string to the delivery from the delivery object modification script and then use it as variable?

Follow this article:

https://blog.floriancourgey.com/2018/05/how-to-add-variables-from-a-workflow-in-a-delivery

How to add variables to delivery find here

Administrator

Hi @Luca_Lattarini,

Was the given solution helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa