Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Package Import Error: the package version is different from the instance.

Level 2

Hello everyone,

When I export a package the XML header reads: 

<package author="AC (xxx)" buildDate="2022-03-30 10:02:10.111Z" buildNumber="9346" buildVersion="6.7">

The build number matches my application server, but the build version doesn't - the application is 7.0 (according to Help>About)

When this package is being imported into another environment is throwing an error: the package version is different from the instance.

Can anyone shed any light on what's happening here? Why is there a mismatch in buildVersion in my environment?

Thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @alexcroker 

I already had this situation : the version attribute doesn't matter, and even with a 7.0 instance you'll get this "6.7" value, this is normal.

The problem is on the buildNumber value. You may have 2 differents instances with 2 differents build, and this must be the cause of the error.

If the 2 instances have near version number, the solution (but not very convenient) is to change manually this buildNumber value in the XML package. Put the target build number instead and that should fix the problem.

Cedric

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @alexcroker 

I already had this situation : the version attribute doesn't matter, and even with a 7.0 instance you'll get this "6.7" value, this is normal.

The problem is on the buildNumber value. You may have 2 differents instances with 2 differents build, and this must be the cause of the error.

If the 2 instances have near version number, the solution (but not very convenient) is to change manually this buildNumber value in the XML package. Put the target build number instead and that should fix the problem.

Cedric