Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Campaign User Groups are live now. Join our Adobe Campaign User Groups and connect with your local leaders!
SOLVED

New Logins log files gets created every day

Level 1

Hello!

On the 16th of August this year we did a build upgrade to 7.3.3 build 9359. Ever since that we can see a new "logins.YYYY-MM-DD@servername" file gets created. Does anyone know why this is the case? And how to turn that of? It seems like it shouldnt be the case. PS. The list of logins file continues til this day.

MartinViking233_1-1699437999773.png

Best Regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Martin,

These are access logs, which are documented in the help doc below. These log all access attempts successful or not and can be configured in the serverConf.xml.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/monitoring-campaign-classic/productio...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Martin,

These are access logs, which are documented in the help doc below. These log all access attempts successful or not and can be configured in the serverConf.xml.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/monitoring-campaign-classic/productio...

Level 1

Okey, I can see the this is configurable in the serverConf.xml. But if we decrease the maxNumberOfLoginsFiles, would that mean the it wont create any logs at all or that it just wont display in the drop down?

Because I think its a good idea to log this for a year, but if we display a years worth of login.logs in the drop-down it would look silly and not user friendly to scroll down.

//Martin

Community Advisor

Hello @MartinViking233  

This is the default setting in Adobe. It saves the login attempts in the log file and creates a new file every day.

It used to happen before the upgrade as well, It's just that the logs were not visible in that dropdown.

I would not suggest it, But if you want to change this default behaviour then you can change the value in serverConfig file.

The server configuration file | Adobe Campaign

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn