Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Multiple email addresses for one recipient

Level 2

Hi everyone,

We are in the situation where one recipient might have a personal and business e-mail address. When we contact that person for personal stuff, the e-mail should be send to his/her personal e-mail address. However, when we contact that person in relation to the company he/she is related to, the e-mail should be send to his/her business e-mail address. However, on the recipient level there's only one field available OOTB.

Due to a specific setup we cannot just create a second recipient account; and despite we already have the visitor system enabled, we are convinced it's not smart to use it as we know it doesn't support (un)subscriptions that well. So we would like to stick with the recipient if possible.

In the ideal world, you would have 2 e-mail fields with an option at the delivery level to point which it should use.

Does anyone have experience with a setup like this? If so, how should we configure it?

Kind regards,

Wesley

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @WesleyXP ,

You can extend the recipient schema to add more fields like businessEmail and personalEmail.

By default the target mapping is set to email fields in recipient table. But you can define the delivery templates and set the target mapping to the custom fields which you have added to your recipient schema.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @WesleyXP ,

You can extend the recipient schema to add more fields like businessEmail and personalEmail.

By default the target mapping is set to email fields in recipient table. But you can define the delivery templates and set the target mapping to the custom fields which you have added to your recipient schema.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Manoj

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Dear @Manoj_Kumar_,

Thank you for this tip!

I've looked up the documentation about target mapping and found the option to create a new one.

I guess it's just changing the e-mail field as shown below, to the new field that we create by extending the data schema of the recipients table.

Adobe_XPL_TargetMapping.png

I guess there's no impact on the delivery logs and subscriptions?

Or is there?

Kind regards,

Wesley

Community Advisor
Yes, it won't effect the delivery logs and subscriptions because everything is linked on the basis of primary key.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

In this case, would an unsubscribe action affect the email address sent to or the profile that both addresses are associated with?

(Campaign Standard)