Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Ip's configuration dedicated to a campaign type

Level 2

hello team,
I wanted to understand if it is possible to configure delivery ips dedicated to a specific type of campaign? For example: I'm going to launch a high volume of campaigns for black friday, new Ips were acquired, so as not to impact the reputation of existing ips I want to configure blackfriday campaigns for these new ips, is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @PandolaVaz ,

To achieve the above you can use a dedicated IP Affinity with your desired delivery IP's in your campaign environment.

For this you need to first add the desired Sending IPs under a new IP Affinity tag in your serverConf.xml of your campaign server once done then you can create a new IP affinity record in the campaign environment and at last use this IP affinity in your Typology.
Now, whenever you will be sending any deliveries with this Typology/Affinity the deliveries will be sent via those dedicated IP addresses.
To seek more clarity on the steps follow:
Manage outbound SMTP traffic with affinities 

Creation of IP affinity 

Br,

Shubham

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @PandolaVaz ,

To achieve the above you can use a dedicated IP Affinity with your desired delivery IP's in your campaign environment.

For this you need to first add the desired Sending IPs under a new IP Affinity tag in your serverConf.xml of your campaign server once done then you can create a new IP affinity record in the campaign environment and at last use this IP affinity in your Typology.
Now, whenever you will be sending any deliveries with this Typology/Affinity the deliveries will be sent via those dedicated IP addresses.
To seek more clarity on the steps follow:
Manage outbound SMTP traffic with affinities 

Creation of IP affinity 

Br,

Shubham

Employee Advisor

Hi @PandolaVaz 

What @Shubham_Goyal__ is correct however, if your IPs are brand new, you would still require to warm them up to ensure your ultimate deliverability on these IPs are achieved.

Remember that introducing new IPs require warm up otherwise ISPs will most likely block (at worse) or throttle very slowly (at best) your emails...

Have you planned to warm up these new IPs prior to the big day?

Thanks

Denis

Community Advisor

Yes, @PandolaVaz as @Denis_Bozonnet mentioned if you do not wish to hurt your deliverability/reputation then IP warm will be a crucial step before planning a huge send-out with brand-new IPs/Affinity  
Hope you already have a warm-up plan in place also, you may refer to some of the below links:
Advice of a fellow Delivaribilty consultant from Adobe in Adobe Campaign Community Q&A Coffee Break
Increase your email reputation with IP warming 

Br,

Shubham