Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Import Profiles from external resource (Gigya) in Adobe Campaign

Level 2

Hi,

I am new to Adobe Campaign, doing one POC on below. Can we import profiles in Adobe Campaign from an external resource like Gigya?

What I have understood so far that -

1. New Import Template will be created.
  2. In the workflow, below components will be used-
    • Scheduler - to run the workflow at a scheduled time.
    • Transfer File - to look for a flat file in some external folder and download it in Adobe Campaign.
    • Deduplication - to remove/ignore the duplicated records.
    • Insert/Update Data - to import the profiles in the campaign.

Please suggest, is there any other way to import profiles from an external folder? Or am I doing it in the right way?

Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dishant

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You're looking at Campaign Standard there, sister forum:Campaign Standard - Questions

Campaign Standard explicitly doesn't allow for scripting, though it can be sort of hacked in with some of the available API's.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I actually wrote an early version of Campaign's Gigya connector. Your process is essentially correct here, and for data import in general. The Transfer activity can be followed by File collector to process multiple files simultaneously and manage them on disk, or with custom js/shell to achieve different goals. If you're sourcing data via Gigya's API, you want your code to write the results to csv and ingest them via the same ordinary processes.

Thanks,

-Jon

Level 2

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you suggest where and how can we write custom js/shell in adobe campaign? Actually, we are also looking for some sort of Adobe Campaign's Gigya Connector to do so. Because by workflows we are not able to do so, facing issues all the time.

Thanks,

Dishant

1683793_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You're looking at Campaign Standard there, sister forum:Campaign Standard - Questions

Campaign Standard explicitly doesn't allow for scripting, though it can be sort of hacked in with some of the available API's.