Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to enable email sending to distribution list through mid-sourcing

Level 7

Hello Folks,

We are looking at sending emails to a Distribution List (DL) using External Account "Email routing using mid-sourcing (defaultEmailMid)". But seems like we are not receiving any email to DL when fired.

I understand DL is nothing but just an ordinary email address which campaign recognizes and previously used to work fine when fired using External Account "Internal email routing (defaultEmailBulk).

So we would like to understand is there any specific configuration to be done in order to enable emails on DL via mid-sourcing ?

Kindly please help with some insights (or) provide any reference document which talks about it.

Thanks,

SSB

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Ssb_94 

There is no difference sending to an individual email or to a distribution list, both emails would be stored on recipient on the marketing instance. Saying that, distribution list indicates a company email address and the receiving company might block the email from your sender domain. What delivery status have you got on the delivery? have you got a "Send" or "Failed" status?

It's not uncommon for organisation to block emails from sender domains they deemed as untrusted and it can be difficult to work with them to lift their blacklist.

Let us know what you actually see on the delivery logs,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Ssb_94 

There is no difference sending to an individual email or to a distribution list, both emails would be stored on recipient on the marketing instance. Saying that, distribution list indicates a company email address and the receiving company might block the email from your sender domain. What delivery status have you got on the delivery? have you got a "Send" or "Failed" status?

It's not uncommon for organisation to block emails from sender domains they deemed as untrusted and it can be difficult to work with them to lift their blacklist.

Let us know what you actually see on the delivery logs,

Thanks

Denis

Level 7

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet 

I can see as below:

Status: Failed | Reason: Unreachable | Text: Inbound email bounce (rule 'probably_unreachable' has matched this bounce) | Failure Type: Soft

Only emails to individuals are working fine. Looks like DL accepts the messages only from allowed sender's list. This restriction might be specific to just this DL or at the organization level.

If it's just a DL, then I will contact owner of DL to allow sender address and retry.

Thanks for the response!

Level 7

There is a restriction applied on DL as emails from only authorized senders are allowed. Hence email from MID got blocked.

Confirming that there is no need to do any additional configuration on ACC Mkt or MID Instances

Thanks!