Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Exporting Subject Lines of Deliveries

Level 4

Hello,

We are hoping to add Subject Line to one of our daily exports (delivery or recipienttrackinglogs seem to make the most sense). We can find the field under email header parameters off of 'Delivery', however this is only available in the Data Extract activity, and since it can't be added through enrichment or a query, it errors out the export.

This question was asked years ago about ACS, and it seems like it was not possible: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/extracting-the-subject-line...

- The suggestion for ACC (which is what we have), unfortunately makes the field visible, but unable to export as i note above.

Has anyone found a way to do this successfully? Any tips? I understand the subject lines could be personalized which makes it a little more tricky, but the subject line is important for analysis so hoping there is a way to export this data that we're not aware of.

Thank you for your help!

Robbie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @robertc66522596 ,

you can export subject line. I did try extract data and load it back as csv. 

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1649323300944.png

Marcel_Szimonisz_1-1649323390848.png

Also the same is directly accessible from  broad log or tracking log as all is linked to delivery

Marcel_Szimonisz_2-1649323620909.png

Can you share the workflow details how it is set up?

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi @robertc66522596 - the subject as far as I am aware is only calculated during the delivery preparation phase and added to each individual send in the delivery. I don't believe the rendered subject is stored anywhere last time I looked.

One suggestion would be to extend the broadLog in your Target Mapping to include a subject field and pre-calculate the subject before the delivery using the workflow schema. That way, you could replace the subject in the delivery with the string variable and during the delivery it would add that variable into the extended broadLog schema.

It would add some size to your broadLog, but you would also be able to extract the actual sent subject for each send, if that is important to you.

Cheers

Darren

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @robertc66522596 ,

you can export subject line. I did try extract data and load it back as csv. 

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1649323300944.png

Marcel_Szimonisz_1-1649323390848.png

Also the same is directly accessible from  broad log or tracking log as all is linked to delivery

Marcel_Szimonisz_2-1649323620909.png

Can you share the workflow details how it is set up?

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Thank you! We were able to get it from this suggestion, much appreciated.